Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TotalPDA - Disappointing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TotalPDA - Disappointing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r6man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: TotalPDA - Disappointing Reply with quote

I've ordered bits from these guys recently and been pleased given some of the earlier bad reviews.

Unfortunately i ordered a Holux Supermouse mid December from them primarily because their website showed it to be in stock.

One month later after many calls & many promises that a delivery was due in a few days i am now told that they are having trouble sourcing the cable to connect to the pda and they cant give me any idea when they will get delivery.

Order now cancelled and placed with globalpositioningsystems so fingers crossed.....

I guess its partly my own fault for not calling to confirm stock instead of relying on their website. Despite the claims that high sales in the xmas period meant the web site was difficult to keep up to date, the "in stock" description has never changed at all and is, imho, very misleading.

Very disappointed.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly question really, but why didn't you just order it direct from Holux ? http://www.holux-uk.com
r6man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 reasons really.... TotalPDA were cheaper, their web site showed it as in stock and as i'd previously ordered from them i'd already been through the rigmarole of getting my place of work accepted as an alternate delivery address to home.
stevex
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: USELESS SERVICE Reply with quote

I placed an order last Thursday with TotalPDA for TT Nav2 BT, TT 1940 Car Kit and an Arkon SF121i. Total cost £345 approx.
They informed me it would arrive next day.It Didn't.
I called them on Friday and they confirmed it had 'Missed the Boat' as it were.
They then arranged Saturday delivery..Extra cost....To them i might add.
The courier would'nt leave it with the neighbour so i had to travel 40 mile round trip to collect it.
At last i thought i now have it in my hands. I get back into the car and with great passion and delight i ripped the parcel open.
I found the Car Kit and the Arkon Sf121i.....NO TT NAV2 BT...The most expensive bit was not in there.
After several calls and attempting to convince them that it really was not in there, and getting the weight of the parcel from the courier,to prove it, they sent another one..

So, do i need to explain further what i think of them or can you guess....

The only reason i did'nt order with Global pos systems was because they did'nt have the car kit in stock....I'm impatient...

Having just read the forum about Global Pos Systems...I know where i should have got it from..
ICNman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: USELESS SERVICE Reply with quote

Hello all,

I got my Navman iCN630 from Totalpda.com back in October 2003.
I recieved it 2 days after the night I placed my order all nicely boxed up.
But I was a little concerned when I only found an A4 piece of paper, which of course is the invoice as my reciept (similar to the kind you get from amazon.co.uk/com). That was all I got, and nothing else giving information about after sales service, and after having spent nearly a £1000, I had the right to be worried.

So what did I do? well I sent Totalpda.com an e-mail about what they would do for me, if my iCN630 was suddenly not working, or I had droppped it or smashed it on somebodys head or whatever.
I got a reply within 2 days telling me how they're glad to hear from satisfied customers and that should anything happen to my iCN630, then I should contact them via e-mail and they would refer me to Navman.
And thats good enough for me. I suppose thats all that they can do.

Well nothing has happened to my iCN630, except that the suction cup came off the windscreen while I was driving and the whole unit fell on the floor. But fortunately there wasn't even a scratch on it. Still I wasn't happy for a long time, but that won't happen again as I now have the brodit clip.

Anyway, Totalpda.com's e-mail response is very good, which is very important, and I'm pretty convinced from their e-mail that they won't ignore me when I need support. Atleast I hope not.

Fingers crossed. Smile

iCNman
S2PRO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Good Service from TotalPDA Reply with quote

Hi

Ordered iPAQ2210 + TTN2 BT + car Kit at 10.00 Monday.

Arrived by courier 11.55 Tuesday.

Unfortunately no-one was at home so I have to collect from the depot today Rolling Eyes

Good price also. Well done Steve.
Morris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: I'm happy Reply with quote

Got my pda and tomtom from totalpda last year, the service was 1st class.

Morris

Grzzzzzz Mr. Green

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: