Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT GO 700 stuck
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT GO 700 stuck

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor


Joined: Nov 29, 2005
Posts: 140

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: TT GO 700 stuck Reply with quote

My TT GO 700 is stuck on the splash screen.

I know exactly how the trouble started - I accidently pressed a wrong digit in the start-up pass code, so I switched off and restarted, but...

Now, when I switch on, the splash screen shows for about 10 minutes, then the pass-code screen shows but will not input the numbers, then it either restarts itself or shuts itself down. I have tried resetting at least half a dozen times, but that does not help. Neither TT Home nor Windows Explorer recognise that the TT is connected.

Somehow, the hard drive must have become corrupted. I've got loads of backups of the TT's hard drive on my computer, but if I can not get the computer to recognise that the TT is connected, how can I do a restore?

What do I do now? Thanks for any help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor


Joined: Nov 29, 2005
Posts: 140

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw

the usb cable is good, as are the connections, I am using windows xp pro, the TT was working perfectly earlier in the day, when I reset I do get the hands logo then the splash screen, when I connect the usb cable I get the usual red cross for a few moments to say do not disconnect but computer does not see TT.

Does Edgar still repair TTs? If so can someone give me the web address? I'm going to Canada soon - arrrragh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator


Joined: Jan 14, 2005
Posts: 19638
Location: Blackpool , Lancs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming a reset of the TomTom didn't cure the fault you find Eldar's web site Here - Mike
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
smiodus
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Mar 03, 2007
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeUK wrote:
.... when I connect the usb cable I get the usual red cross for a few moments to say do not disconnect but computer does not see TT.
...


hi,

If you are familiar with torx screwdriver Smile, and have cf card reader in your PC you can:
- open your go,
- get out seagate cf hard drive,
- connect to pc and check if isn't fault (mine is)

repair solution:
- buy in shop cf card (2GB in my case)
- format it,
- copy previous backup to cf card,
- plug in cf, instead of hard drive,
- enjoy Smile

in my case repair solution isn't ideal becouse I have problems with connecting throught usb but go working properly Smile, and in my opinion is little bit faster than before ...

best regards
Sebastian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator


Joined: Sep 24, 2004
Posts: 1294
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiodus wrote:
SpikeUK wrote:
.... when I connect the usb cable I get the usual red cross for a few moments to say do not disconnect but computer does not see TT.
...

If you are familiar with torx screwdriver Smile, and have cf card reader in your PC you can:
- open your go,
- get out seagate cf hard drive,
- connect to pc and check if isn't fault (mine is)

.... just don't ask us to repair it after you are done with it....;-)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smiodus
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Mar 03, 2007
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
smiodus wrote:
SpikeUK wrote:
.... when I connect the usb cable I get the usual red cross for a few moments to say do not disconnect but computer does not see TT.
...

If you are familiar with torx screwdriver Smile, and have cf card reader in your PC you can:
- open your go,
- get out seagate cf hard drive,
- connect to pc and check if isn't fault (mine is)

.... just don't ask us to repair it after you are done with it....;-)


i've just done with it Smile, go700 works with normal cf-card properly, only issue is that with connection via usb I can't browse files stored on cf, only one method for installation anything at the moment is direct access to cf-card in pc card reader. If I have some free time maybe I prepare a little photo story Smile.
Now I'm working on dead tt one, if anyone know tt one JP2 connector description? I'm looking for JTAG pinout and some specs for ONE v1.

best regards
Sebastian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator


Joined: Sep 24, 2004
Posts: 1294
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiodus wrote:

i've just done with it Smile, go700 works with normal cf-card properly....


One of the problems with your solution is that if TT removes the CF support from the kernel in the next software version, you'll end with a dead 700.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smiodus
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Mar 03, 2007
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
smiodus wrote:

i've just done with it Smile, go700 works with normal cf-card properly....


One of the problems with your solution is that if TT removes the CF support from the kernel in the next software version, you'll end with a dead 700.


true ... Smile almost true,
- if original hard drive is connected via CF, why do they want to remove a CF driver?
- update is possible only if I remove cf card to my pc reader so I will not happen accidentaly,
- I don't know if soft can distinguish what exactly is connected to cf interface, real hard drive or flash card,

greets
Sebastian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator


Joined: Sep 24, 2004
Posts: 1294
Location: London

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiodus wrote:
true ... Smile almost true,
- if original hard drive is connected via CF, why do they want to remove a CF driver?

because it wasn't there in the first edition of the v6 software
smiodus wrote:

- update is possible only if I remove cf card to my pc reader so I will not happen accidentaly,

you have to take the unit apart every time you need to update the maps or POIs?
smiodus wrote:

- I don't know if soft can distinguish what exactly is connected to cf interface, real hard drive or flash card,

I do and it can
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smiodus
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Mar 03, 2007
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
smiodus wrote:

- update is possible only if I remove cf card to my pc reader so I will not happen accidentaly,

you have to take the unit apart every time you need to update the maps or POIs?


at the moment - yes,

Eldar wrote:
smiodus wrote:

- I don't know if soft can distinguish what exactly is connected to cf interface, real hard drive or flash card,

I do and it can


maybe, but 6.52 is working properly,

greets
Sebastian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group
phpBB port v2.1 based on Tom Nitzschner's phpbb2.0.6 upgraded to phpBB 2.0.4 standalone was developed and tested by:
ArtificialIntel, ChatServ, mikem,
sixonetonoffun and Paul Laudanski (aka Zhen-Xjell).

Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops 2003 http://www.nukecops.com

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
20.114 (23 Nov 22)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping