Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 6 on SD Card problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 6 on SD Card problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theboy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Navigator 6 on SD Card problem Reply with quote

I have/had Navigator 6 software and Western Europe map on my iPaq 2490. Hadn't used in a while and when I switched on today in said NO MAPS FOUND. I assumed that with the last automatic update I did something must have gone wrong. I uninstalled the software and deleted the folder TomTom on the iPaq memory too. When I put the TomTom SD back in to reinstall it wouldn't autoinstall. When I explored the SD card have the files that were on it when I first purchased it were gone! Gone where though? I didn't delete them. The only thing I did was remove some voices using the TomTom Home software on my desktop. Do I need to repurchase to software and maps?
gf1966
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep same thing happened to me with both 6.01 and 6.02 versions, I've upgraded to 6.03 and am hoping it doesnt happen again. In any case I have learnt to keep a backup of the data on the SD Card.

If you need to install the software it should be on the CD that came with your unit otherwise contact the TOmTom customer support.
theboy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted customer support and they are sending me a padded envelope so I can send the SD card back to them. They will then send me a replacement they say!
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi theboy1
Before you send it back take the SD card out of the ipaq open file explorer navigate to my device then delete any reference to SD cards.
Then replace origional card and it should work(it did for me). Sometimes if the card is not seated properly and you push it in it shows up as SD card 2 which tomtom then cannot recognise.
theripper

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: