Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Origin Technologies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Origin Technologies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having used the satnav again today I got a better idea of what it was doing. It did recalculate very quickly on several occasions when I had turned in the wrong direction, deliberately but whilst still being in a position where it could easily turn me back in the right direction. However, it I headed away from the route it had calculated for me then it would repeatedly ask me to 'turn around when possible'. At this point I would press the screen and hit the menu for recalculate this in nearly all instances then put me on a new heading for home. At one point I had quite a weird experience. Having stopped on route from A to B I had turned off the pogo and when I restarted it I set A as the start point again although by this time I was some distance away from A. The calculation started up as if from A, restarting the journey at this point and it never caught up with me either giving a reading of a road I was not on or heading entirely in the wrong direction. I don't know who was more confused poor Pogo or me. Its my intention to head towards Cornwall tonight I only hope I don't find myself ending up in Scotland..

I have installed a Pulse Master on the Golf GTI to use with the DS unit as the pogo hasn't got Mobile Sites so should give me a little extra alround protection, I hope. Whilst I know the voice on the DS smart was not of the the nicest quality, getting use to beeps rather than a voice telling you 'speed to fast' I find I'm missing it.

My brother hasn't turned up yet, its now just turned 5.00pm and he was going to be here at lunchtime neither have I heard from him. I say this because I was intending to try and download the Pocketgps database onto his Garmin i3. Not having done this before I'm not sure actually how to do it. Talking about downloads I see Drivesmart has been added to the list of devices the database can be downloaded for. Don't know if this means they have done anything to overcome the difficulties some of use were having whilst attempting to do this recently. It simply crashed the DS loader when trying to install it as an extra database. Anyway when attempting to download the Garmin file I end up with file of 137kb which doesn't seem to want to unzip. Anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I would like to try and get it on the i3 if my brother turns up in time if not 'what the heck'.
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not a good start to the holiday. My brother still hasn't shown. I had to drive a sixty mile journey to his house only to find it all closed up. And would you blooming believe it the pogo won't navigate. It just shows and error code 8, whatever that is, the alert side of things appears to still work so I will now have to revert to the map for my holiday. This problem started last night and has done the same repeatedly this morning. DS is going well though. Lets hope the week brings better news. See you guys in a week all being well.
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NN, have you taken the SD card out, put it in again then hit reset button on back??

BB
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi gang. its been very good reading this thread. i have been a customer of origin (b2 owner) for 4 years. their camera database is excelent, and i tested it 2 years ago with some new spec cameras that were installed on the m42 near the n.e.c., and it took them less than 36 hous to get the cameras on their database.
my b2 has now died after about 400,000 miles, so i phone origin up and they will knock £100 of a pogo drive or £75 of an alert, if i send my knackered b2 back to them.
as already mentioned in the post the pogo drive doesnt have a laser sensor, but the alert will, but its removeable, as its going through the houses of commons at the minuite to ban radar/laser dectectors, so i really dont know what to do, go for the drive with its nice large screen, or wait for the alert with the laser detector. 8O 8O
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi westewoo

If you can get £100 off a PogoDrive, that brings in down to the same RRP price of a non-discounted PogoAlert! For that money I would err on the side of the PogoDrive. The bigger screen would win me over (PogoDrive not as deep either by the looks of). Also, if the Road Safety bill goes through banning radar/laser detectors, then part of the Alert has been made redundant overnight.

Of course the final decision is always down to the purchaser!! :D

BB
craigpenton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westewoo wrote:
so i phone origin up and they will knock £100 of a pogo drive or £75 of an alert, if i send my knackered b2 back to them.

8O Ok I'm interested!!

Was this a special deal that you negotiated somehow or is it likely to be available for others? My unit was destroyed by the dog(!) so I think I may be pushing my luck but it would almost certainly guarantee a sale ...

Who did you speak to to get this offer?

Craig
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bbqking. i now were your coming from but the laser part of the b2 has saved my bacon a load of times, but as were all aware that if they point the gun directly at you, your reaction speed has to match that of a fighter pilot or your nicked.
i honestly thing that when the laser detector ban goes through, you wont be able to move for laser guns. Twisted Evil
as for the discount off origin, im still in subscription until october, so i rang them and told them my b2 had died, and they offered me a new b2 and cradle for £175 or a pogo alert for the same money, or £100 off the pogo drive, providing i send them my old b2 and there was no hagling or argy-bargy needed. :D
BBQKing
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigpenton wrote:
westewoo wrote:
so i phone origin up and they will knock £100 of a pogo drive or £75 of an alert, if i send my knackered b2 back to them.

8O Ok I'm interested!!

Was this a special deal that you negotiated somehow or is it likely to be available for others? My unit was destroyed by the dog(!) so I think I may be pushing my luck but it would almost certainly guarantee a sale ...

Who did you speak to to get this offer?

Craig

For all those potential Pogo buyers out there, PoGoStore are offering a "trade-in". See here for further details:

http://www.pogostore.co.uk/upgrade.php

BB
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what do you know, Darren has now given us a Drivesmart section under Speed Camera Detection Systems, in the Index - right HERE 8)

Trust Jaskel to find it first. Embarassed
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
Well what do you know, Darren has now given us a Drivesmart section under Speed Camera Detection Systems, in the Index - right HERE

That link is for a single post within the Drive Smart forum area, This Link takes you to the actual forum Wink - Mike
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooop's, sorry Mike, it was the excitement. Embarassed

Have altered it on other posts. 8)
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
craigpenton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQKing wrote:
For all those potential Pogo buyers out there, PoGoStore are offering a "trade-in". See here for further details:

I had seen this already but they actually insist that the unit is in "good working order" ... most unreasonable I think! Joker
rushkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRAIGPENTON

So they dont accept black empty boxes then. What is the world coming to. Laughing
craigpenton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westewoo wrote:
... my b2 has now died after about 400,000 miles, so i phone origin up and they will knock £100 of a pogo drive or £75 of an alert, if i send my knackered b2 back to them.

westewoo, did you buy one of these in the end?

I just called Origin technologies and they are adamant that they will only knock off £70 for the drive. To be fair, given the condition of my B2 this is quite generous IMO so I will probably end up going ahead with this.

I thought I'd mention it just in case anyone else was tempted.

Craig
westewoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: drive Reply with quote

hi craig. i havnt bought one yet, as i dont know if i can live without a laser dectector, so i mighnt wait for the alert. i now they trying to make laser dectectors illegal, but tecnically, so is 31 in a 30. as for the amount of discount on the machine, i may be wrong about the £100 discount, and im sorry if i misslead anyone Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: