Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MIO C510E - V3.2 Update -
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MIO C510E - V3.2 Update -
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pukemonster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: MIO C510E - V3.2 Update - Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of MIO - Purchased C510E 1 week ago (Ebay £165 !)

I have recently tried to upgrade to Mio Map v3.2 - As with many others have had great difficulty in uploading to the unit but with little success Crying or Very sad .

I have reloaded the unit from the CD, and tried many of the fixes suggested in the forum but now am not sure exactly what version of the Maps etc. I have on the unit.

Would it be possible for some one or a group of people to create a link that provides other users with the files (along with the correct file structure) that are as up to date as possible (V3.2, Postcode fix, Speed Cam database etc.), so that other users can simply load the files (using the USB File Transfer Hack.

Question : Is it possible to download V3.2 and maps etc. just to the cache and then copy to unit by the File Transfer Hack ?
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MIO C510E - V3.2 Update - Reply with quote

pukemonster wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of MIO - Purchased C510E 1 week ago (Ebay £165 !)

I have recently tried to upgrade to Mio Map v3.2 - As with many others have had great difficulty in uploading to the unit but with little success Crying or Very sad .

I have reloaded the unit from the CD, and tried many of the fixes suggested in the forum but now am not sure exactly what version of the Maps etc. I have on the unit.

Would it be possible for some one or a group of people to create a link that provides other users with the files (along with the correct file structure) that are as up to date as possible (V3.2, Postcode fix, Speed Cam database etc.), so that other users can simply load the files (using the USB File Transfer Hack.

Question : Is it possible to download V3.2 and maps etc. just to the cache and then copy to unit by the File Transfer Hack ?

It may be possible - to be honest I don't know and my assumption is that even if you could copy all the correct files mechanically in this way you would be better off waiting for Mitac to fix the problem. What's needed is not just an ability to run the latest version of 3.2 but an ability to secure the install through an easy access salvage download. It's more trouble than it's worth.

But make no mistake the *latest* version of 3.2 is a significant improvement on 3.1 and even a big improvement on earlier versions of 3.2 (it is nice and stable in terms of crashing and has better voice directions) but is severely bugged in terms of TMC functionality (which won't necessarily concern C510 users too much).

Anyway, I would be willing to contribute to a mechanical download mine but the work is too much for one person - there's a large amount of data to upload and someone would need to author a guide as well (was the gb postcode update bug ever fixed? I don't think it was).

The latest version of 3.2 is worth waiting for - my advice would be to wait a bit longer for Mio to get its act together. But it is very worrying that an apparently serious player in the business still hasn't managed to put out a working update. I think it's disgraceful to be honest. Had I realised just how bad Mio customer service and technical support was I probably would have gone for TomTom :-(
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know when the updater might be back online Question
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
Does anybody know when the updater might be back online Question

I have just had a reply via email from Mitac 8O
They have stated that they will have the update facility working by the end of next week.
Let see if we are all happy again next week Friday.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:

I have just had a reply via email from Mitac 8O
They have stated that they will have the update facility working by the end of next week.

Please let us know when it's working. I might try it.

Sal
(still happily using 3.1 with Trafficmaster TMC)
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just tried an update which at first glance seems to work OK. The TMC now receives Classic FM /ITIS which it didn't do before.

Sal
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this now leaves the question of not to update and stick with TrafficMaster TMC or update and change to iTIS TMC.

This is possibly down to personal choice as much as anything though - unless anybody has a good reason to go with one or the other.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
I guess this now leaves the question of not to update and stick with TrafficMaster TMC or update and change to iTIS TMC.

This is possibly down to personal choice as much as anything though - unless anybody has a good reason to go with one or the other.

Yes. I would advise anyone who had previously updated to the 'old' 3.2 to make a backup/install DVD before updating to the latest one, so they can go back to it if they want to.

Sal
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
GPS_fan wrote:

Yes. I would advise anyone who had previously updated to the 'old' 3.2 to make a backup/install DVD before updating to the latest one, so they can go back to it if they want to.

Sal

Everyone,
I've just tried to update and I'm still getting the same problems.
I get a response saying "Mio Map update error. Update is unfinished. HTTP exception has occured"
I have done what is stated on their website by deleting the cache file and folder but each time I still get the error.
I will continue to delete the cache file and folder and persist with the upgrade and report back to the forum. (That if anyone here can tell me if I am doing anything wrong and can help me to rectify my problem.
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make everyone know. I have used 2 differnt PCs and 2 different DSL connection and still getting the same results.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeJay01 wrote:
Just to make everyone know. I have used 2 differnt PCs and 2 different DSL connection and still getting the same results.

Dave,
I got the same error message but found that it was only after each file was installed. I just keep reconnecting and eventually got all of the files. (I didn't bether with the maps or the 'new' voices, just the program updates and existing voices"

Sal
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
DeeJay01 wrote:

Dave,
I got the same error message but found that it was only after each file was installed. I just keep reconnecting and eventually got all of the files. (I didn't bether with the maps or the 'new' voices, just the program updates and existing voices"

Sal

What date version is the current install of 3.2? Is it still Feb 07?

Gareth.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retty wrote:

What date version is the current install of 3.2? Is it still Feb 07?
Gareth.

"v3.2 Mar 1 2007"

Sal
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
DeeJay01 wrote:

Dave,

Sal

The whole thing is a disgrace. This company should be thoroughly ashamed of the quality of its service. It really is unacceptable. The update application hangs frequently and the install is sometimes corrupted.
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retty wrote:
Sallyann wrote:
DeeJay01 wrote:

Dave,

Sal

The whole thing is a disgrace. This company should be thoroughly ashamed of the quality of its service. It really is unacceptable. The update application hangs frequently and the install is sometimes corrupted.

Just an update to you all
Since the last post (Yesterday) I'm still updating my device.
The v3.2 is ok but the maps take forever to download with the amount of times I get the error message. (16Mb/s DSL link).
But in fairness Mitac hasn't emailed me back to confirm the upgrade is now ok, maybe I should email them again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: