Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 660 GTM software updated to version 4.00!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 660 GTM software updated to version 4.00!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have just used webupdater, it informed me there was an update v4, Smile installed it, it stated success, :D but despite three re-boots still shows as 3.90 Confused Confused

Back to the drawing board Embarassed
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
northender
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now tried out the v4.00 GTM software on the road to work & in the office this morrning, but nothing coming through at all.

The Nuvi310 is set to Auto for Traffic, I've tried a hard reset, the hidden menu FM table has ben reset, but all to no avail. No traffic data or traffic messages received in places where I was getting them at v3.70.

Anyone got any more suggestions?
redsquirrel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
Well I have just used webupdater, it informed me there was an update v4, Smile installed it, it stated success, :D but despite three re-boots still shows as 3.90 Confused Confused

Just out of interest I updated mine last night using webupdater and, like you, it still said version 3.90. A view inside the 32KB BIN file definitely showed version 4.00 in the text.

However, as soon as I plugged the 660 into the cradle in the car this morning it spent about 90 seconds downloading "something" over the airwaves and now mine definitely definitely shows version 4.00 in the setup panels

Software Version 3.20
Audio Version: 1.40
GDB SW Version:
GTM SW Version: 4.00
GPS SW Version: 2.90
Bluetooth SW Version: 2.40

Anyone know what the apparently not install GDB SW is ?
DriveSmart (pending disposal Sad )
redsquirrel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:

I see from your signature that you also have software version 3.30 - mine only has 3.20 and I get nothing offered to me on Webupdater Sad
DriveSmart (pending disposal Sad )
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsquirrel wrote:
Quote:
However, as soon as I plugged the 660 into the cradle in the car this morning it spent about 90 seconds downloading "something" over the airwaves and now mine definitely definitely shows version 4.00 in the setup panels

Hi Ian, you are right, Jumping With Joy I have just been out to the car, plugged it in and hey presto! it updated - weird, I am now showing Version 4. I would have thought it has integrated with TMC, rather than downloaded over the airwaves.

Quote:
I see from your signature that you also have software version 3.30 - mine only has 3.20 and I get nothing offered to me on Webupdater

Thats weird too Exclamation
If you can find away, (or others inform us) as to how we extract that file, I will send it to you.

You were right, this Nuvi is a wonderful bit of kit, I have persuaded at least four others to buy one in less than a week. Cheers!
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Its just that you need to plug in the GTM unit for it to upgrade - it doesn't update over the airwaves!!
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, I was planning to add to this thread that I thought the GTM version in System\About only updated once it had updated a traffic module, but wasn't sure enough to say so - it certainly appears to reflect the installed version (if you remember back to earlier Nuvi firmwares, it used to only report the firmware when plugged in).

As for the GDB, I personally believe this is for the MSN traffic module (US only) used in the 680, which is a very similar unit to the 660.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northender wrote:
I've now tried out the v4.00 GTM software on the road to work & in the office this morrning, but nothing coming through at all.

Anyone got any more suggestions?
Garmin have apparently indicated they are still working on the problem...
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded the 4.0 update via web updater, and then plugged the unit into the car cradle with the GMT, and it updated to 4.0.

I went out for a short drive, and for me, for the first time ever, the light went green and the traffic information started to get updated., didn't last long as I assume I need to work out a better aerial system.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for a green light or blue diamond. Only done a short trip today (about 10 miles into Warrington - nothing) will give it a few days and will be doing more distance over the weekend.
MarkieT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I thought I'd report that I've used my 660 all over the Midlands today (Dudley, Coventry and the outskirts of Leicester, around 5 different stops where I removed and shut the Nuvi down) and every time I reinstalled it, within about 10 mins the Blue Diamond came back.

Just sorry that some people still seem to be having problems!!!

Cheers

MarkT.

Garmin 660FM
Nuvi 3598 LMT D - Firmware 4.40
iPhone 5S CoPilot Live
mwfox
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know the channel number of your local traffic info station you can quickly press the test button when it scans that channel on the GTM Status screen. This then locks the channel and you can try the aerial in all different positions - pointing towards the transmitter, near the window etc until you start getting messages. Quite useful inside the house.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwfox wrote:
If you know the channel number of your local traffic info station you can quickly press the test button when it scans that channel on the GTM Status screen.
Nice tip with the Test Button, sadly I have still to receive any Traffic Information.

If any one wants the TMC Transmitter towers locations as a POI file I have one which is available, just send me an e-mail (use the button below) and I will reply with the files, you can use this on the device to locate the nearest TX to your current position, and it also informs you of the chanel number.

Please mention it is for the Garmin, as I have other POI files for the iTIS transmitters used by TomTom, Navman etc - Mike
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does setting Auto on the nuvi make any diference to the GTM12 reception with the new v4.0 firmware?
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if it upsets some of you, but after updating this morning I am picking up TMC info 58 miles away, with the aerial laying loose across the back of the dashboard. This a big improvement from the weekend when it was taped up to the rear view mirror and reception erratic.
Maybe conditions today are good, will see what happens rest of week.

Will now try and tidy up the aerial so not seen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: