Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I upload voice skins to TTone v2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I upload voice skins to TTone v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim158
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: How do I upload voice skins to TTone v2 Reply with quote

Please could some one help me upload download voice skins to my TTone v2,

Many thanks

Tim :D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voice files should comprise the following:
dataXX.chk
dataXX.vif
dataXX.bmp
These files should be copied to the voices folder on the device, the XX is a numeric value that can range from 01 to 99, a good source of quality new voices can be found Here
Simply connect the device to the PC and copy the files to the correct location using Windows Explorer - Mike
tim158
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The voice files should comprise the following:
dataXX.chk
dataXX.vif
dataXX.bmp
These files should be copied to the voices folder on the device, the XX is a numeric value that can range from 01 to 99, a good source of quality new voices can be found Here
Simply connect the device to the PC and copy the files to the correct location using Windows Explorer - Mike

Hi mikealder, thanks for the emails in Jan i have thoses files extracted them to voice file on tom tom but cannot select them?

Any idea

Tim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, the files I sent were ogg files that correspond to the speed zoned database available from this site - these files were for spoken camera alerts.
You need to put these into the map folder of the device then configure/ re-configure you camera alerts to make sure the ogg files are picked up and used.

1/ Put the files in the correct location (Map Folder)

2/ Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI and select each camera category in turn, answer NO to remove the warning, enter your selected distance and check the box (or not) for warn if POI on Route. - these two settings are down to how you use the device, so I cannot offer assistance here, bear in mind if you tick the box for warn if POI on route you will only get a warning IF you have a route planned, driving with no route selected will give you no warnings if you tick the box.

3/ Repeat step 2 above for each of your inbuilt cameras.

The files I sent you are not a navigation voice they are for camera warning purposes - Mike

E-Mail wrote:
Tim attached is a set of ogg sound files that are correctly named for the Speed Zoned PGPSW database, simply unzip the folder and place the contents in to your map folder (same place you put the ov2 and bmp files).

Once installed go to change preferences / manage POI/ Warn When Near POI and re-configure each camera, once you have re-selected each one (answer No when it asks about remove warning) you will have true spoken alerts on your device

Mike Alder

tim158
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mike 8O

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: