Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion MDPPC150 help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion MDPPC150 help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horny_kez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Medion MDPPC150 help! Reply with quote

I have the Medion PPC150 which was running fine but not charging, I returned it to Medion and they replaced the motherboard, since then I have not been able to get a GPS signal, I have tried hard resetting the unit, charging for 24 hours & left it with a good "view" of the satellites for about 3 hours! If I click on the sat status icon on Medion I get a message saying the GPS device has been found but has no signal or is initializing.

I have tried it also with TomTom which again so says signal, I have tried changing the connection port on TomTom settings and all say no GPS device other than the serial cable on SP2 which finds the arial but still no signal. I think it is the correct setting as its what it used to be (other NMEA, 4800, SP2).
Any suggestions or do I just have to wait for a reply from Medion again?
dabut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

return it to medion as something isnt right
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your settings appear correct, when you are in the GPS set-up page using TomTom there is a small yellow/ Blue disk (top right) is it sat still or spinning? if its spinning take it outside for a while (20 mins away from buildings and NOT moving around) - then do you see any sat numbers appearing on the screen?, if the yellow/ blue disk is stationary then you still have a comunication problem somewhere have a read through THIS Page - Mike
horny_kez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the disk spins round but all the sat numbers stay as grey circles at the bottom even outside for about 2 hours none of them got a signal or went blue.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had a read through the link I offered you in my last post, it looks like there is a firmware option to get the numbers to show blue, it might be you need this - Mike
horny_kez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mate I tried it without the firmware on Medion software & TomTom then updated the firmware & tried both again, no luck, I'll have to see what Medion say, it's still under warranty but it's the inconvenience of waiting and having to borrow a sat nav in the mean time!
Cheers anyway guys!
wilbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sync/power connection on my 150 has broke, i took the back off to see if it was a job i could do, and the ariel connector comes off if you take the back off, maybe medion did not click the ariel back on when they returned it to you...
btw anyone know where i can get my mdppc150 reapaired, i think i will need a new mobo

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: