Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Checkpoint 6 / TomTom 6 problem on hw6915
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkpoint 6 / TomTom 6 problem on hw6915

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0d3-m0nk3y
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Checkpoint 6 / TomTom 6 problem on hw6915 Reply with quote

I bought an hw6915 last summer which came with TT5 pre-installed.

I have just upgraded to TT6 with Western Europe Dvd and installed successfully - TT6 works just great.

Problem is - I like Checkpoint and it installs ok but when I click Navigate it launches the TT5 'GPS Navigation.exe' from my /Windows/ directory and not the 'TomTom Navigator.exe' installed by TT6.

How can I force Checkpoint to launch the TT6 exe and not the TT5?

I have *definitely* installed Checkpoint v6 so it *should* work.....

Any help to get this working will be very gratefully received!

Take it easy!
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi c0d3-m0nk3y
I’m sorry I can’t help. I stayed with TT5 and downloaded the seamless map of Western Europe. Checkpoint runs just fine with my setup. Anyway, if you are completely stuck I would suggest you completely backup your PDA, do a Hard Reset and reinstall Tomtom. When you have Tomtom running OK you can then install Checkpoint. It may sound a little daunting but you cant land up in a worse predicament than you are now. It should all work out just fine.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
c0d3-m0nk3y
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion but it seems that HP have TT5 wired into the Windows Mobile 5 OS on the hw69xx and it can't be uninstalled/removed/reconfigured :0(

However, being an enterprising chap I've switched to using POIEdit to load POI info from pocketgps and several other sites so although I no longer have the convenience of Checkpoint's ability to update the pois on the pda it all works like a charm! (PocketPOI does *not* like my Vista OS)....

Keep on truckin'!
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi c0d3-m0nk3y
As long as you are happy with your setup thats all that matters. Anyway, its all good fun and better than driving through London trying to balance a paper map on ones bony knees. Good Luck.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
ArnoldLT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Checkpoint 6 / TomTom 6 problem on hw6915 Reply with quote

c0d3-m0nk3y wrote:

Problem is - I like Checkpoint and it installs ok but when I click Navigate it launches the TT5 'GPS Navigation.exe' from my /Windows/ directory and not the 'TomTom Navigator.exe' installed by TT6.

How can I force Checkpoint to launch the TT6 exe and not the TT5?

I have *definitely* installed Checkpoint v6 so it *should* work.....

I have similar problems with TT6 and Checkpoint 6. I had been using Checkpoint versions 3.2 and 5 before without any problems, with earlier versions of TT.
For me it does not work because Checkpoint 6 says it doesn't know the map TT6 is currently using (I have an FSC Loox 600 with WM2003).
But then I discovered that you don't need Checkpoint anymore with TT6 ! All I wanted to do with Checkpoint can be done with TT6 itself.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: