Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Recommended SatNav with Traffic Re-routing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommended SatNav with Traffic Re-routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Attercop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Recommended SatNav with Traffic Re-routing Reply with quote

I'd just like to know what everyone would recommend as the best.

I'm looking at the C510D which looks a bargain. Anyone had any luck with the traffic receiver. Good unit?
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look around the various forums, tomtom, navman and garmin many people are having problems with the traffic data they receive. I've tried 3 units with the traffic antenna attached to the gps inside the car and have not been impressed with any of them.
My newest addition which uses my car aerial is the Garmin GTM 10. This can be used with the Nuvi 300/310/350/360. So far(1 week) it has been excellent.
peaton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be wary of buying a C510D specifically for the traffic data. My personal experience suggests that it is not reliable. As a GPS the C510 is an excellent unit and the added value of the full European maps packaged with the Deluxe version is certainly a bonus.
Attercop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. The Navigation itself was always the priority when choosing my upgrade, and i have taken into account what you guys have said about the TMC lead.

I got a good deal and went for the C510D in the end. I paid £179.99 and it appears as though Speed Cameras are already on the unit, and it has the v9 maps. Excellent.

I sat in the car with it just, and within seconds the TMC had picked up a whole list of congestion and a couple of road works on various roads spanning out as far as 100 miles away.

Nothing is 100% reliable, certainly not relatively new technologies such as this, but i hope it can be useful to me from time to time in my trips down the M1 to see my beloved Gooners play.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: