Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 6 IPAQ 2210 problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 6 IPAQ 2210 problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marklongley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: tomtom 6 IPAQ 2210 problems Reply with quote

Anyone any Ideas I installed tomtom 6 "Purchased on SD card" and all worked ok until I inserted my CF card. If i have both cards in at the same time I lose postcodes and Voices. if i shut down tomtom and remove CF card then all works fine again!?

??
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is probably nothing you can do. The 2210 is not supported by TomTom, and early reports suggested that, although TTN6 would work, it slowed down somewhat compared with TTN5 and was sometimes prone to freezing. That is why TomTom introduced the updated maps, so thay users of unsupported devices were still able to use the latest maps using TTN5
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
marklongley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT 6 runs fine and its more than quick enough to use, its just a pain having to remove my CF card every time i run it. I'm hopeful TT will look at 2210 compatibility given that it was one of the biggest selling PDA's,
just hoping someone a bit clued up may have a workround B4 my card slot wears out.
VEX
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that so many people have 2210 but we are having problems with our SD cards, Mark.

Mine is the 'can't find maps' and yours is voices.

I think it might be because TT6 looks at only one drive whe it need info. Yours is at least looking at the correct card slot, but then reverts to the CF when installed. On mine TT just can not see the SD and aways looks at the CF slot.

A friend is lending me his CF card to see if that works, if it does I'll swap everything over to CF and keep my new 2gb SD for movies!

Will post any results.

Chris
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any TomTom related files/ folders duplicated on the SD and CF card? have a look - if its a purchased SD card and you have files on the CF card take the CF card out and does the application work? - if so remove the files/ folders from the CF - Mike
marklongley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have sorted it ??! Not all-together sure how but its working and with 2 cards inserted.

There was a duplicate folder and a small file on the CF card but it was empty when I started so the tom-tom install must have added them?

Any how I deleted these files and started from fresh, everything now works.
Seems to be running much quicker too?? on the first install it was slow when finding addresses from the list, i put this down to tt6 been bigger than tt5 but that seems to have speeded up to the same as my old TT5??

So the process should be,
Install, Delete extra Files from other card, Remove, Re-install, Cross your fingers and it all works, Laughing Out Loud repeat 10-12 times as necessary.

Cheers.
(Thanks Mike)
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing about I gave my colleague my CF card, who has a 2210 and TT6 on a 1gb SD card (his own) after installing from DVD. My CF card has Co Pilot 5 on. It installed Co Pilot 5 on his 2210 as it should do and both ran ok. No conflicts.

Its odd how so many folk have different experiences with vaguely simi8lar setups. Mind you, like me, he runs a totally "clean" 2210...no other third party software of any kind.

Nokia Lumia 800 with Nokia Maps, iPhone 4S with Apple Maps (sigh)
chatman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a HP2210 and TT6 installed onto 1gb SD no problem even with my CF card in. Did a clean install after TT5 and worked nice..just updating the ogg files now.. sometimes a bit slow to catch up but had no locking up yet...glad to get updated maps at last...
Have Pocket A-Z, BVRP software, Sqb software and Smart GSM all running from the SD card as well, Sometimes the PDA locks up but soft re-set sorts it.

Have other colleagues running TT6 on 2210 as well (SD cards)
Putzfrau
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marklongley wrote:

There was a duplicate folder and a small file on the CF card but it was empty when I started so the tom-tom install must have added them?

Which folder was that?
I have a similar (but opposite) problem with my Asus A730W.

TT6 installed, maps on CF. When SD-card is inserted TT6 doesn't find any maps and exits. If I pop the SD out everything works fine.

Did not have this problem with TT5.
JONZEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: TOMTOM6 VOICES ON h2210 Reply with quote

I also lost my voice files after installing v6 SD card. I overcame this by copying some voice files to the Folder iPAQ File Store and it the worked okay.
However the file store does not have a lot of memory so only 2 or 3 voices can be installed. Hope this helps someone who has the same problem

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: