Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Subscription Safety Cameras on F** & N*** range
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Subscription Safety Cameras on F** & N*** range
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Navman Subscription Safety Cameras on F** & N*** range Reply with quote

I understand Question that the subscription for the Navman cameras contains four types of safety cameras and that these are represented on the device by three different coloured icons.

I have been advised today that there is a problem with downloading all the cameras and that often only the first types (fixed radar and fixed induction loop) cameras actually get installed.

Could anyone who has successfully installed all these cameras confirm satisfactory installation and use, please. This will help me answer the problem for my contact. Wink
themeldrews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee pee has the POI problem and safety camera issue been resolved for the N20.
I am giving serious thought to buying one.
Many Thanks
Terry
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themeldrews wrote:
Gee pee has the POI problem and safety camera issue been resolved for the N20.
I am giving serious thought to buying one.
Many Thanks
Terry

I understand it has. The young man who had the problem took his unit to Navman at Horley and they helped him install them. He is now quite happy.
I have a N20 myself and am very happy with it. GPS acquisition is very quick even indoors.
I do not use the Navman POIs preferring to use the PGPSW POIs. Initially, I had a problem with their installation, but since I installed them on the internal memory rather than the SD card, they work well. Maybe i have a problem with the card - anyway, I find it a great improvement over my previous iCN510, although that too gave good service but the software was not quite so good. Wink
themeldrews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you GeePee
Terry
apreading
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought an N60i and driving to work this morning notice that the pre-loaded speed cams did not include a mobile trap which I know is on the PGPSW ones, so am thinking it is only fixed Gatsos. Havent had it long enough to load the pukka ones yet but will be doing so this weekend. I will be loading different speeds separately too so that I can have different distance warnings for them. Otherwise you are either told too late on the motorway or too early around town.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is true 8O I has the N60i I brought it from last year and already download the safety camera from Navman database website and I was looking forward if anything's happened on the road anywhere and there near a Gatso speed camera the default one install in the unit was working fine ok and other thing I notice the mobile van nearby and was looking at my unit screen these never came up nothing at all a bit straight thought, so anyway the next one was the red light safety camera nearby I got near to it and looking at my unit again and is never came up none at all. I got annoying all of it that some of it not working at all which is drving me mad :x and upset for wasting my moneys on this thing for nothing. Sad

I feel this Navman company is not being testing out on the road to test it of all the safety camera problem and should do it now to stop wasting everybody's time of wasting spending moneys on this N & F unit to learn this not always happened of every road the rest of the UK safety camera sometime not always working on the unit came up nothing at all.

Rather best buy the next gps satnav road angel 9000 will work on all safety camera, everthings, yes the new road angel 9000 not 6000, 7000, is 9000 the next new gps satnav road angel 9000 is 4in widescreen with bulit-in bluetooth update from mobile and also bulit-in TMC Traffic report as well. In Argo's shop have one of these and is on the book now or look at search for it. The price was £499.99p.

Also the road angel 9000 gps satnav make life easier for deaf peoples who can't hear the sound warning "beep" which is now do flashing up on the screen of larger speed limit warning aware of it nearby.

Wish the Navman do that one of those road angel gps satnav safety camera software flashing up on screen larger speed limit number in the unit.

I spend my time speaking on the phone to navman for hours and I feel is wasting my time & annoying with it, the navman never pay attachent to it about deaf peoples problem who can't hear the sound "beep" as the deaf peoples love Navman unit but need a warning larger flashing up on screen of speed limit not tiny word on the bottom which is a bit silly of somebody's who are shortsight can't ever see it weather is 30 or 40 speed limit something. 8O

Is time the navman should start making one like road angel software to help deaf peoples to see a warning flashing up on screen of larger speed limit, etc, etc. If hearing peoples don't like it, it should have the option button to turn it off as you getting old doing deaf in the future you might leave it on for your sake of mind. :o

8) PEACE 8)
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
I has the N60i I brought it from last year and already download the safety camera from Navman database website and I was looking forward if anything's happened on the road anywhere and there near a Gatso speed camera the default one install in the unit was working fine ok and other thing I notice the mobile van nearby and was looking at my unit screen these never came up nothing at all a bit straight thought, so anyway the next one was the red light safety camera nearby I got near to it and looking at my unit again and is never came up none at all. I got annoying all of it that some of it not working at all which is drving me mad :x and upset for wasting my moneys on this thing for nothing. Sad

I feel this Navman company is not being testing out on the road to test it of all the safety camera problem and should do it now to stop wasting everybody's time of wasting spending moneys on this N & F unit to learn this not always happened of every road the rest of the UK safety camera sometime not always working on the unit came up nothing at all.

"Navman's" speed cam data is provided by TeleAtlas, same as maps. Navman cannot test all data TeleAtlas provides – TeleAtlas is data provider and it and it is their responsibility to keep it accurate and up to date. The only thing Navman could potentially do is switch a provider but, sadly, it seems that TeleAtlas is the best.

Although it does seem that free data has better coverage than subscription data, one thing subscription data does have that free data doesn't is speed limit associated with each camera, which gets displayed within alert text if you updated your software with service pack.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Navman's" speed cam data is provided by TeleAtlas, same as maps

Actually, the Safety Cameras which Navman use are provided by Road Pilot Wink
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Although it does seem that free data has better coverage than subscription data, one thing subscription data does have that free data doesn't is speed limit associated with each camera

Question Try looking at PGPSW "Speed Zoned Complete- 24 files" Idea
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Navman company just being lazy not bother go out to testing all the safety camera to check it out with all the new gps satnav unit's of wasting everybody's time thinking is working the ok rest of all the safety camera, but there one of redlight safety camera is not working nothing came up in the unit none at all, where these safety camera software from navman getting from of putting these in the navman database.

there one thing I don't like the look of it of looking the text alert safety camera warning speed limit on the bottom heading of the unit which is a bit small word of shortsight which is sometime you think weather is 30 or 40 speed of take a while to read it right a few secound but is a bit danous not to keep looking at the text word at the bottom heading while not looking at the road for safety like mobile texting of causing a accident crash up.

Is time the Navman should learn from these safety camera in the unit not being very helpful enough and should have make like the road angel safety camera software is more helpful for everybody's and also to all the deaf peoples a good idea for this of who can't hear the warning sound "beep" and not nothing flashing up in the navman unit of larger display speed limit like a road angel safety camera software.

Why did'nt the navman company never think of this and not be told about this to speed up to get it right of never learn the deaf peoples can't hear the warning sound "beep". Navman should have make of these of fitting a red led light flashing warning on the top middle side of the unit to help deaf peoples aware of any safety camera nearby to stop having being fine and point as well.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Has anybody's heard of this new funny gps satnav of "Gizmondo GZRT200007 GPS 500207" with everthing's at all that, I would never texting that on the gps satnav unit while on the road.

Look at curry's website here.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is human nature to complain about faults and not to praise achievements. There will always be something that an individual dislikes about a product, so manufacturers are on a loser to nothing!
If you think about the rapid development of GPS devices in the last few years, then we now have devices which do a pretty good job.

I agree, I have been as frustrated as the next person when something beyond my understanding goes wrong and I cannot immediately fix it.

This and other forums reflect the faults and dislikes by the consumer of the various devices based upon these gliches. On the whole, however, we really do like them.....don't we?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargate2006 wrote:
Hello,

Has anybody's heard of this new funny gps satnav of "Gizmondo GZRT200007 GPS 500207"

Gizmondo were a new kid on the block two years ago with a WinCE based gaming device that also had a GSM module for texting and a GPS for location based gaming. They partnered with CoPilot to produce that bundle but Gizmondo went into receivership last year.

I suspect that page is an old link, Curry's show no stock and with no software and no support it'd be a very foolish purchase even if they did still have some gathering dust!
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to have a red led light flashing warning on the top middle side of the navman gps satnav unit for the deaf peoples to warn of any safety camera's nearby because of who can't hear the warning sound "Beep" once in the very dark night of passing to any safety camera of got a fine and point without red led light flashing warning because of it.

the new road angel 2 have got a red led light flashing warning of any safety camera, is the navman have thought of that, so why not make one now the next new gps satnav unit fitted with a red led light flashing warning on the top middle side a good idea for deaf peoples to be aware of that of any safety camera nearby in the dark night time of can't hear the warning sound "beep" once.

I have spend my time talking to navman manager for hours about deaf peoples who can't hear the warning sound "beep" and I have told about the red led light flashing warning to built one for next new navman gps satnav unit is a good idea for deaf peoples could see the red led light flashing warning to know aware of it of any safety camera nearby.

So far the navman manager said to me, "well that you have a very good point and I agree with you to understand this feeling to learn about deaf peoples who can't hear the warning sound of "beep" a problem of this and will look forward to ask the enginneer to make one of these of red led light flashing warning on the top middle side gps satnav unit for the deaf peoples in the future".

Well anyone's am I right I has a good point and should have a gold star awards for this for helping peoples life problem of this.

One thing you never know, some safety camera is hiding behind the tree along the road and is very foolish of the government home office make a mess of it of upset so many peoples of a fine and point of could not see where the safety camera is in the dark night time and why is hiding behind the tree which is a bit silly, that the reason a lot's of deaf peoples who can't hear the warning sound "beep" and to need one of those red led light flashing warning aware to know of that hiding safety camera behind the tree or hedge along the road on anywhere, any place the rest of the UK road.
jm202067
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid a years suscription for the Navman speed camera database last week. Installed the latest service pack for my N20 and all seemed to install ok. Trouble was that 2 of the 6 gatso cameras in the town i live were missing from the database and another one was the incorrect speed. All the cameras have been up for years and therefore i emailed navman stores for a full subscription refund and subsequently got one. I would not advise anyone to pay for he navman subscription as the pocket gps world one is far more accurate and cheaper!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: