Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Replacement for stolen original tomtom one
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement for stolen original tomtom one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for stolen original tomtom one Reply with quote

onesexylady wrote:
Daughters student house has been broken into and shes had everything taken including her tom tom one that I got her when it first came out just before christmas 2005

What is the best replacement is it still the original tom tom one or has it changed? is it improved now? And how much would a replacement cost be as shes not covered by insurance.

Her address was put into the one stolen one can they do anything with that? I'm just concerned that they may come after her car now she wasnt in at the time

I would be inclined to go for the new TomTom One. It comes in 2 versions Regional (UK) and western europe. Normally the regional one is the cheapest, although I did see them under offer at the same price in Currys 2 weeks ago for £199.
I wouldn't worry too much about the car, as that can be stolen at anytime if it's not securely locked. It doesn't matter whether if someone knows where its located.
The problem may be having her or your home address that stored on the satnav, the worry is that they could check if the property was occupied before breaking in. However that can easily be done simply by knocking on anyones door.
You don't need an address from a stolen StaNav to do that.

I think your biggest worry is forking out for a new SatNav..............

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: