Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing Navigator6 onto Nokia N80
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing Navigator6 onto Nokia N80

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coqui
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Installing Navigator6 onto Nokia N80 Reply with quote

Ok people, I'm at wits end here. I've bought a copy of TomTom Navigator6 to be used on my Nokia N80. However, I'm having a devil of a time getting it loaded. I've gone to TomTom's website and found specific instructions for loading the software unto a Symbian phone but, the software will not install.
First of all, TT home automatically loaded onto my laptop, no problem I guess. But after following all the instructions (load software and maps onto a 2GB SD card-via card reader-) the proceeding steps state that once I pop the card onto my phone, the install will proceed. Well, this doesn't happen, and no TT icon is available. Furthermore, if I go onto app-manager, I can find an icon for Navigator, but if I click on it to proceed with install, I will get an "installing" message, but after a pause of about 30-45 seconds I get a "! Unable to Install" message. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I've tried TT support, but they are a joke!
Waited over 20 mins for someone to answer, then, when I mentioned it was a symbian phone, the told me I needed "specialized support" and put me back on hold. After another 5 mins, she came back and said that all support personnel were busy and asked me for a call back number. I gave them my cell number but I haven't heard from them since. It's been 8 days.
I tried calling today, but after going thru the initial menu, it goes into a busy signal. How are they able to trwat customers this way?

Again, any help in getting to experience GPS on my phone would be MOST welcome.
Thanx
Mike
Adamwest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there should be 7 folders:
Licences, private, raster, resource, sys, tomtom, voices.
Put these to the root of your miniSD card.
Also put your map folder on the root of the card.
Put the card in the phone and it should install all by itself
coqui
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm sure I've tried it, but I will give it one more spin. I will post my results here.
Thanks for your help
Mike
stanton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a very similar problem, only Tomtom home won't even let me load onto my SD card. It's driving me mad. I've tried copying over independently but my DVD has different files on to those mentioned above so it's not even straightforward copying those over. PLEASE can someone help.
coqui
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm all loaded up and working. I also received the map upgrade DVD, less than 48 hours after registering and requesting them
this thing is BEAUTIFUL!
coqui
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanton, how about forgetting about tomtom home and doing a straight copy of those folders listed above from the CD to your SD card. Remember to use a card reader, not the phone interface. It will be much faster, and I believe some files will not come over via the phone inerface.
After the file-folders are copied into the root directory of the sd card, place the sd card in your phone. If the app doesn't kick off automatically, then go to the app manager in your phone, look for tomtom and kick off the install there.
Nobber
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I copied all the files and ran the install when it asks where I want to install the app i choose the device but it says not enough memory when I try to install to the storage card it won't install and fails

any ideas?

thanks
Nobber

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: