Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OziexplorerCE Mio C510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OziexplorerCE Mio C510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorbit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: OziexplorerCE Mio C510 Reply with quote

I installed OziexplorerCE demo version to a Mio C510. Not enough memory in root so used the flash disk. Loaded some new maps and they work and so does the GPS. Problem is that there is no main menu and no window title bar - just blank screen at the top of screen where they should be. Also, if I enable any of the toolbars, the application crashes when I try to use them. However, the "File, View, Map etc" toolbar works.

I used the pocketpc_setup.exe to install the pocket PC version of OziexplorerCE - but I don't know if that is correct. Should I have used the handheldpc_setup.exe. Mio C510 usesWin CE .net 4.2 ?

Because I used the flash disk, the application installed in two main folders - but I did copy the files to the first folder (CE OziexploerCE), as instructed in the Oziexplorer site.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if possible use the Windows CE compilation (not the Pocket PC compilation). Alternatively use the Mio510 unlock package to install some of the required Pocket PC DLLs

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
gorbit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to lbendlin:

lbendlin wrote:
Yes, if possible use the Windows CE compilation (not the Pocket PC compilation). Alternatively use the Mio510 unlock package to install some of the required Pocket PC DLLs

I have installed the handheldpc_setup.exe (Windows CE compilation ) and it works fine. I found this posting by Be_Nooze on gpspassion. Be_Nooze had exactly the same problem:

Be_Nooze wrote:
OK j'ai trouvé je suis un boulet j'avais pas installé la bonne version d'OziCE.
Avec la version handheld pc ca marche impeccable!

For the entire topic see:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65132&SearchTerms=,oziexplorer,mio
PaulH66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have been looking for something like this for my C510E.

I'd be interested to know how well this works on the C510 gorbin.

I'm tempted to try it out but have not got a clue how to go about this. Most adventurous tweak to my C510E so far is that I have managed to upgrade it to MioMap v3.2 and install the European maps on a 1GB SD card.

I intend to use this (or some software) to drive somewhere like the Peak District or Lake District and then use it to track where I am on a walk.

So, few questions if I may :-

Can it be installed as well as MioMap 3.2 or must I uninstall Miomap ?

If I can install both, how do I choose between MioMap and OziExplorer ?

Are there any step by step instructions for installing this on a C510 available anywhere ?

Can I buy a new SD card and just install my OziExplorer maps (and program?) on the new SD card ?

Any help or pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
pmdebenham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OZiExplorerCE, seemed to work fully on the C510e (I tried the demo version). You need the Handheld PC version from the OxiExplorer website. GPS Port is COM2. Other options can be left to default (4800bps NEMA data, Sirf altitude correction is *not* required as far as I can tell with SirfStar III).

(http://www.oziexplorer3.com/ozice/downloads/handheldpc_setup.exe).

To use OziExplorerCE or GPSMap you need to boot into the WinCE desktop rather than the locked MioShell. See various discussions on this board and GPSPassion.com for how to access WinCE on the Mio C510e - though I have written a sketch level overview of how to get GPSMap working on a C510e in the "other topographical" forum on this board.

Peter

PS Paul, see PM for some additional details.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: