Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Vista Cx and Bike/Auto Mount Cover
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Vista Cx and Bike/Auto Mount Cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
labdaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Vista Cx and Bike/Auto Mount Cover Reply with quote

Greetings all, newbie to this forum. I've been a GPS user for years, having a Garmin III Plus.

I just got a Garmin Vista Cx last night, and with it purchased the auto dash mount (Part No: 010-10274-00) and bicycle handlebar mount (Part No: 010-10267-00).

I am having a problem using the substitute battery cover provided by each of these, in that it appears that these new covers do not accomodate the bump-out of the Vista Cx for the microSD card!

Am I doing something terribly wrong? Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions? My prime use of the Vista Cx is in the car and on the bike, so this is a big deal for me.

Thanks for any and all input.

Steve
labdaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own answer: yes, I was doing something terribly wrong.

It figures; after spending a bunch of time last night trying to figure it out and searching the web, I decided to post here. After posting, I continued the search, and found the answer -- the Cx comes with an adaptor that attaches to the back of the original battery cover door. Looked in the box and it was there -- hadn't come out with the rest of the package!

Apologize for the newbie error, but heck, maybe this can help someone else out at a later date (or the mods can delete!).

Steve
DakotaCache
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: P/N? Reply with quote

I don't want to hi-jack this post, but it's the closest I've seen to my problem. I too have a Garmin eTrex Legend Cx. The clip the labdaddy is talking about has broken on my GPSr. I need to get a replacement, but can't find one anywhere. All the kits I find have an entire new back cover for non-Cx models.
Can anyone help me find a new "screw in" clip for the auto/bike mount?
Thanks in advance for any input! Smile
labdaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they're out of stock now (as they don't have an 'add to cart' button enabled), but you may want to monitor this.

http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=011%2D01194%2D00

which is linked from this page.

http://shop.garmin.com/accessories_for_product.jsp?sku=010-00439-00
DakotaCache
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Thanks for the quick response labdaddy. That part looks like the entire cover. I need just the little clip that screws into the back cover and clips into the Suction Cup mount or the Handlebar mount. The item on the right is what I need.

labdaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, sorry for my misunderstanding. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out or there's always calling Garmin's sales.

Good luck, and if you're successful, you may want to post what you found out, as I can see a use to having a spare or two around!
DakotaCache
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries labdaddy. I apprieciate your quick replies. If I get to the bottom of this, I will most certainly post the "answer".
Anyone else? I need to know where to get the part (on the right) in the picture. I have a Garmin eTrex Legend Cx and it's the "clip" for the suction cup/handlebar mount.

Anyone.... Question
Reggie98
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same problem. For the moment, my solution is to put the wrist strap on the GPS unit, and attach a mini-karibiner to the end of the strap. I then clip this onto my basket. If the GPS falls off, it won't hit the ground.

I've just sent an email to websales@garmin.com asking if there is a replacement part, and if it is covered under warranty. I'll post a reply once I have one.

I will also contact my supplier (http://www.gpsonlineshop.co.uk/) to see if they can supply a replacement.

In Search of Beauty

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: