Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Nav 6 and MoWE on DVD... old maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Nav 6 and MoWE on DVD... old maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MortalWombat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: TomTom Nav 6 and MoWE on DVD... old maps? Reply with quote

I have recently contacted TomTom support regarding the fact that the maps I received with my recent DVD are not the latest ones. Probably easiest if I copy and paste the dialogue I have had with TomTom:

I initally wrote:
Today i received Navigator 6 and Maps of Western Europe on DVD bought via your website. On your website, you state:
"Door-to-door navigation throughout the whole of Western Europe.
All the newest TeleAtlas maps are now available in a DVD pack, allowing you to find your way to any address in Western Europe. "
The maps I have (v652.1181) are not the latest maps, and I can find no way to obtain the latest maps without buying them for (yet another ) 100 Euros!
How can I get the latest v660 maps? Am I missing something obvious or have I been sent an old DVD? The v660 maps have been out some time now and There is a clear statement on your website stating that I would receive the latest maps!
I look forward to receiving instructions on how to obtain these maps as I have been sold a product which does not meet expectations and contravenes the Advertising Standards Authority!

To which they replied:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Please be advised that the newest version maps are the add on the maps that you can purchase seperately only through the Maps section of our website. You have purchased the whole Navigator 6 MOWE pack which has the slighter older software version but exactly the same street level maps. Purchasing the version 6.6 maps will not increase or improve the street level maps. Please advise us by reply if you have not activated the maps and still wish to return the product for a refund.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Now, I am not sure I understand their reply here. They seem to be saying that there is no difference in content between the 652 maps I received on DVD and the 660 maps.... this is BS isn't it?

They also seem to indicate that the software version I received on DVD is not the latest one... what are they talking about? There haven't been any updates to actual Navigator application yet have there?

I would appreciate any input you could offer before I write a blazing reply to them!

Thanks for takking the time to read this rather long post!

MW
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could well be right about there being no difference between the different map versions - they are well known for this sort of thing! I am a V660 user but upgraded from 5.21 at start of this year straight to V660 so I can't comment on the truth of this.

TT6 is actually at 6.02 at present (well yesterday - last time I plugged into TomTom Home).

YOu should be able to get any application upgrade for free by using TomTom Home.
MortalWombat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philpugh wrote:

YOu should be able to get any application upgrade for free by using TomTom Home.

For some reason, I am on version 6.01 and TomTom Home is not finding any new versions.

I also read elsewhere on this forum that there were some updates in the 660 versions of the maps compared to the 652 versions... all very odd!

Any other thoughts?.... Anyone???!!!

IF the maps I have been supplied are not the latest versions, then TomTom should be pulled up before the ASA as they are not delivering what they advertise with this product!
Fairground
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MortalWombat I have just experience the same problem

Please read my thread

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=52675 (sorry if I have done this bit wrong)

I have also contacted tomtom for an explanation there is definately a big difference in the map age!!

thanks chris
MortalWombat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairground wrote:
I have also contacted tomtom for an explanation there is definately a big difference in the map age!!

thanks chris

I would be interested in hearing what they tell you!

I know for a fact that the version they sold me (.652) is out of date and they specifically state that you get the latest maps when you purchase the DVD.

MW

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: