Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Night Modes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Night Modes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trevor
Let me try to explain my query.
This program, I understand, runs in the background and, every 60 seconds (or whatever the setting), checks the time to see if it should change the settings. This obviously has to use some process power, albeit in very short bursts. Also there is a known problem, as I understand, that if you are inputting some text e.g. a postcode, at the exact moment the program runs, then the text input so far is lost. Now, if I am going out in the morning for a couple of hours run, it is a waste of time this program running every minute when I know full well I wont be out at dusk. So my question is, rather that setting up the app to start running at boot up time, can I just set it running manually from the menu on the odd occasion that I know my journey will span dusk?
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can alter the frequency with which Suntime checks the time. I have mine set to 15 minutes. This will reduce the possibility of you inputting text at exactly the same time as Suntime runs.

At this frequency, I have not experienced any conflicts between Suntime and anything else. I don't believe it's an issue to get worried about until actually have a problem.
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_dr wrote:
Hi Trevor
Let me try to explain my query.
This program, I understand, runs in the background and, every 60 seconds (or whatever the setting), checks the time to see if it should change the settings. This obviously has to use some process power, albeit in very short bursts. Also there is a known problem, as I understand, that if you are inputting some text e.g. a postcode, at the exact moment the program runs, then the text input so far is lost. Now, if I am going out in the morning for a couple of hours run, it is a waste of time this program running every minute when I know full well I wont be out at dusk. So my question is, rather that setting up the app to start running at boot up time, can I just set it running manually from the menu on the odd occasion that I know my journey will span dusk?

No you can't start it manually, it auto starts when your device is powered on the first time.
I know that user input actually in progress is lost when suntime updates itself, but the udate process can be manually altered to minimise this effect.
I have mine set to update every 5 minutes without problems. I believe that the value of this application over-rides any inconvenience that may be caused which are likely to be very rare.

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: