Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom go 710 POI Warner custom Voices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom go 710 POI Warner custom Voices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stu14t
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Tomtom go 710 POI Warner custom Voices Reply with quote

I have just upgraded from my PDA TT5 to a Go 710

Cool I thought, must get POI Warner as I found it invaluable with TT5.

Does anyone know how to set up the custom voices?

I have put 16kHz ogg files all over the system and it cannot find them. I am now loosing patience and will soon uninstall and ask for a refund if its not sorted soon

Can anyone help?

Ipaq 2210 6GB CF II Microdrive
TTN5 with Holux CR-100/ Globalsat 338 BT
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a start you should be using 22050Hz ogg files with that device, the ogg files need to go into the curent Active map folder (same place as you put the Speed Camera POI files) - #5 on THIS Page should give you a few pointers in the right direction, just use the inbuilt POI Warner the device has, why try loading something else? software inteneded for the PDA will not always work on the PNA units - Mike
stu14t
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't of made myself very clear.

I am using POI Warner software spesificly designed for Tomtom Gonot the pda version and I was instructed by the manufacturer of that software to use 16Khz mono files.

I just wonderd if anyone else was using this software and could point me in the right direction as the manufaturer navigating.de has very poor or no instructions.

Ipaq 2210 6GB CF II Microdrive
TTN5 with Holux CR-100/ Globalsat 338 BT
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean returning the POIWarner software for a refund (in your original post it looked like you meant returning the TomTom!) then I think you should...

Quote (from http://www.navigating.de)
Quote:
The POI-Warner is an add-on which complements your TomTom GO / ONE / RIDER with indispensable features.

As the name suggests, the Point-of-Interest-Warner visually warns you of POIs as you approach them. Speed cameras, petrol stations and kindergartens are only some examples for POIs.

There is nothing I can see that it does, which isn't available already on the Go straight out of the box!!

Quote:
Icon integration on the navigation map

All POIs show up as you drive anyway(with the picture of Burger King if you really want it)
Quote:
Enables the warning and display of speed cameras

TomToms already come with their own camera warnings, or the database from here is even better. They both "warn and display".

Ogg files don't need any extra software, just add them to the map folder (22050Hz and give them the same name as the POI category) and they work!

POI warner may have its uses, (automatic update/sync of POIs?) but nothing I would pay for, if you can do it all yourself!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: