Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What's the deal with the TT510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the deal with the TT510

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jase1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: What's the deal with the TT510 Reply with quote

After a nights consideration and too much beer I decided to purchase online a TomTom 510 over a TomTom One.

I am a little concerned over the number of comments from people who hav experienced problems with the 510 where it is switching off (although I now understand that there is an update for this), but more importantly from people who get units switching off never to switch on again.

What is the general consensus - Have I purchased the lemon of the TomTom GPS range?

I am also interested in the Traffic functionality and keep reading mixed reviews saying that the traffic information is out of date or wrong. Again what's the general consensus Question
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it makes you feel any better this morning, I have the GO510 (but have since bought the European Map so I guess it's now a GO710) and love it to pieces. I particularly like the nice wide screen.

I haven't bothered with the traffic thing as my work usually takes me within a 60 mile radius of home on fairly familiar territory. It does rather appear to have been met with a mixed reaction.
jase1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BodgerBaz,

Its nice to hear from someone who is happy with their unit.

I received my TT today and for some reason and not that I am complaining I got a free upgrade to a TT710 which leads me to my next question - What is the difference apart from price and name?

I will say one thing - the traffic feature is definatelty worth it if you are using the motorway. As a user of the M1 or M6, M40 I have found myself making the wrong choice when coming home and ending up in a traffic jam because of an accident.

At least now I should feel a little bit more well informed :D
BodgerBaz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only difference between the 510 and 710 is the installed map.

The 510 comes with Great Britain and the Major Roads of Europe whereas the 710 comes with a single seemless map of the whole of Western Europe (including GB of course).

The major advantage is that you can plot a route between Calais and anywhere else in Western Europe and have a single detailed map for your route without changing maps.

Good deal then.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: