Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ipaq 3630/ttn2 still not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ipaq 3630/ttn2 still not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaygsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: ipaq 3630/ttn2 still not working Reply with quote

please help i have posted a few threads a bout my ipaq 3630 /ttn2 not working with my rikaline 6010.i have tryed a second reciever and cable but it still wont pick up any sats.could it be my com port,it works activesync ok.
do they use the same conecting pins on the com port.

also if i get a new ipaq 2210 will ttn2 let me install it on my new ipaq,as i have instaled it twice on my 3630 due to it not picking up any gps signals.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "not working" issue - sorry - I've lost track of precisely what you posted in what thread. It may be worth contacting Rikaline UK and getting a known working receiver from them - it's possible you've had two from the duff batch. The other important thing is to check that it's an iPAQ cable you've got - other Pocket PCs, including the XDA, use the same connector, but the serial port wiring is different.

So far as installing TomTom Navigator 2 on a new iPAQ goes, you won't have a problem unless you've already installed that copy on a second Pocket PC. The activation system works on the number of machines you've activated on - not the number of times you've reinstalled on the same machine. You can reinstall as many times as you like on the same Pocket PC - that doesn't affect activations at all.

For TomTom Navigator 2, the rule is that after a week you can activate a second device with a TomTom activation code you've already used, then, after you've used the code twice, you have to wait six months each time you use the code on a new device before you can use it on another new device.

There's no problem if you wait longer than allowed to re-use the code; you can use the second allowed activation after a couple of months, though you'd then have to wait six months after that second use to use the code on a third Pocket PC.

David
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaygsi, the original thread where everyone chipped in and helped with this problem is here

If it's still not working, you need to contact Rikaline or the person you purchased it from.

I also posted a similar reply to you in this thread. If you stick to one thread, rather than posting multiple threads, you are more likely to get a reply and to not have people that are trying to help covering the same ground over and over again.
jaygsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the threads all over the place.

is there any way of finding out if it is the com port that is faulty?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard of a COM port failure, but the only other way of testing is to plug another Serial device in and see if it works and you get data back.
jaygsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i have is when i conect to pc
,activesync works fine,but every time it comes up with 2 items not synchronized,have to press synchronize again.
still im trying to get a friend to try my reciever on his machine to check that it is not the reciever.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means it's the GPS at fault then. Two items not synchronised is because ActiveSync on the Pocket PC has become out of step compared to the PC. Sometimes you can click RESOLVE but sometimes it's just as easy to delete the entries you think are causing the problem and to re-create them.
jaygsi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it matter what version i use if so how do i find out what it is?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: