Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Customer Service - complain here
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Customer Service - complain here
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marctwo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: TomTom Customer Service - complain here Reply with quote

I have recently had the displeasure of dealing with TomTom Customer Service. My Go failed twice with smoke coming from the casing and I have had nothing but slow service, customer service staff who don't have a clue what's going on and a complete lack of sympathy for my situation. I have now been without the use of it for 3 months.

I have read many other posts on this forum from people saying exactly the same thing. The support is a joke and the map 'upgrades' they sell are not up to date.

I have had enough of this and have already reported them to Trading Standards here in the UK. I also plan to contact the BBC program 'Watchdog' and describe my experiences. If you have also had a bad experience with TomTom please post it here and I will include a link to this thread when I submit my case to Watchdog.

Marc
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My One V1 went away for repair (DER06103131752) and UPS confirmed del'y to TT on 6-Nov-06. Since that ALL I have had (in reply to MY 3 requests for status) is 2 responses (14-Nov & 21-Nov) saying it's still being repaired & we will advise you the UPS tracking number once it's on it's way back.

BLOODY DISGUSTING AND TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been away less than a month, and they've answered both your queries.
Doesn't seem unreasonable, what were you expecting?
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebinman wrote:
My One V1 went away for repair (DER06103131752) and UPS confirmed del'y to TT on 6-Nov-06. Since that ALL I have had (in reply to MY 3 requests for status) is 2 responses (14-Nov & 21-Nov) saying it's still being repaired & we will advise you the UPS tracking number once it's on it's way back.

While I can understand the frustration of having to return something with a fault I think that expecting it to be repaired and returned back to you within two weeks of the manufacturer/repairer originally receiving it is unreasonable.
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDS wrote:
thebinman wrote:

While I can understand the frustration of having to return something with a fault I think that expecting it to be repaired and returned back to you within two weeks of the manufacturer/repairer originally receiving it is unreasonable.

Reason, & I quote from TomTom themselves:

Please note this will take around 10 working days from when the repair center receives the item.

I work that out as 2 weeks; NOT 1 month+
RDS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebinman wrote:

Please note this will take around 10 working days from when the repair center receives the item.

So why bother checking up less than 7 working days after TT received your sat nav ?
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
It's been away less than a month, and they've answered both your queries.
Doesn't seem unreasonable, what were you expecting?

Andy, if we manage to turn the units around in three-four days there is no reason why a much bigger and fully equipped repair company (supported and supplied with spare parts by TomTom) cannot do the same.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but you don't have to send it from Amsterdam to Dundee and back three times, do you! Laughing
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Yeah, but you don't have to send it from Amsterdam to Dundee and back three times, do you! Laughing

err..... no, we can't afford to :-) To be fair to TT Customer Services, the number of complaints is low and I don't think that marctwo's actions will be taken further by TS or Watchdog.
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDS wrote:
thebinman wrote:

So why bother checking up less than 7 working days after TT received your sat nav ?

6-Nov to 14-Nov should have been MORE than sufficient time for them to have the common courtesy to confirm receipt!

Again, I quote: "We will email and update during the process" NOT!

And now for the good news "AND ABOUT BLOODY TIME TOO" UPS del'd it back earlier today and I've JUST this minute rec'd an email saying it's on its way back.

I stand by my complaint of NO PROGRESS STATUS OFFERED WHATSOVER other than eventually replying to MY queries, and finally being notified that it's on its way back when I'd ALREADY rec'd it.

SERVICE? They can't even spell the word.

Next problem is I now need to send my other silent One V1 back & will be contacting UPS in the morning.

Any bets how long this one takes?
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just shows how fast UPS is. Delivered before it left Tom Tom. Thats damn quick. Laughing
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomDavison wrote:
Just shows how fast UPS is. Delivered before it left Tom Tom. Thats damn quick. Laughing

Yeah, damned clever er? Wink
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS, just read the paperwork that came with the repaired unit.....and guess where it was shipped from?

Computer Repair Centre Ltd
1 James Watt Avenue
Westwood Park
Glenrothes
Fife JY7 4UA

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh! :x
marctwo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Andy_P2002 wrote:

err..... no, we can't afford to :-) To be fair to TT Customer Services, the number of complaints is low and I don't think that marctwo's actions will be taken further by TS or Watchdog.

So is that why, when I call TT, I get a message saying they are far too busy and then get cut-off?

If they really have so few complaints, why are they so busy and so slow?
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marctwo wrote:
Eldar wrote:
...To be fair to TT Customer Services, the number of complaints is low and I don't think that marctwo's actions will be taken further by TS or Watchdog.

So is that why, when I call TT, I get a message saying they are far too busy and then get cut-off?

If they really have so few complaints, why are they so busy and so slow?

You wouldn't be asking that if you've had the experience of doing customer services. Would you believe that at least twice a week I have to spend up to one hour on the phone explaining to a customer how to copy files on his/her computer? Another thing is that smart people do not work in the first line services for long, so you are not dealing with an expert in the field, just somebody who's been given some training and you are in luck if he or she is actually using a device they are helping you with.

That of course doesn't explain the mystery of the UK-Holland-UK-(?)-(?)-UK trips and why on Earth they are using UPS. I suspect that at least half of the repair price (175 Euro) goes to the delivery boys.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: