Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which POIs?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which POIs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elmlea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Which POIs? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Been reading these pages with interest, and am downloading the Garmin beta POI Loader as we speak.

I'm interested in knowing which library of POIs people would recommend I download and install? Would you recommend deleting the existing Garmin ones? Will the v9 maps I have in the post come with POIs as well?

Sorry for a barrage of questions! Lastly, I remember seeing a thread claiming that the i3 struggles with too many POIs, or categories of POIs. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks! Smile
c510_student
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my garmin struggled with pois so i would recommend u to get an SD card and store it on there. In terms of pois, MaFt's pois r good www.MaFt.co.uk, also www.garminfree.com. I dont think u shud touch the garmin preloaded POIs coz they're part of the internal memory so u shud leave it as it is. Thats all i can help u with, gl.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c510_student wrote:
well my garmin struggled with pois so i would recommend u to get an SD card and store it on there. In terms of pois, MaFt's pois r good www.MaFt.co.uk,

www.garminpoi.co.uk actually ;) or MaFt.co.uk/garmin

also, the ones from my site will gradually be added to the PGPSW POI database soon too.

MaFt
flyinmarrow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reloading Pre-loaded POIs Reply with quote

Having made the fatal mistake of trying to upload too many POI categories and crashing my i3 I now have an i3 with no POIs at all. I have the MaFt download so I can replace my custom POIs and also the camera data but is there any way to restore the original pre-lodaed POIs? Is there any need? Was there anything in the pre-installed POIs that isn't covered in the downloads from the POI download sites listed?

I have to say that although the custom downloads are up-to-date, the preloaded data would give me a grocery store local to me which could be a Tesco or Asda and also a Hospital which I now no longer have. Is there a way to restore these?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Reloading Pre-loaded POIs Reply with quote

flyinmarrow wrote:
Having made the fatal mistake of trying to upload too many POI categories and crashing my i3 I now have an i3 with no POIs at all. I have the MaFt download so I can replace my custom POIs and also the camera data but is there any way to restore the original pre-lodaed POIs? Is there any need? Was there anything in the pre-installed POIs that isn't covered in the downloads from the POI download sites listed?

I have to say that although the custom downloads are up-to-date, the preloaded data would give me a grocery store local to me which could be a Tesco or Asda and also a Hospital which I now no longer have. Is there a way to restore these?

it'd be interesting to know how you got rid of the pre-installed ones in the first place as these are built in to the map data...

MaFt
flyinmarrow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Reloading Pre-loaded POIs Reply with quote

I tried to reset the i3 using the method desribed here. Hold down down the "back" button and the scroll button whilst turning the unit on. I must admit i tried this several times as the unit was locking up as soon as it started. Then I found out it would reset with the flash card removed. Can this data be reinstalled or is that a manufacturer job?
flyinmarrow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Reloading Pre-loaded POIs Reply with quote

Ooops, they're all back! Must have waited until it had a satellite signal or something. Embarassed

Question still stands, though you have probably ansered it, can we update the built in POIs? I suspect from your last reply that these get updated with the map updates.... any time now then!

Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: