Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman T1 traffic module
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman T1 traffic module
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dustysworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that . Iv reset the unit to the driver side and the hairy hole is on the cloth trim above the rear view mirror . No signal still, but my radio seems to be getting a poor signal too. So ill put it down to this .

I live on the very south coast of England, a place called fawley, all my journeys are going to be local, so i cant try it out .On Monday ill be off to Prague, so ill give it a go, on the way to Bournemouth airport .
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustysworld wrote:
Cheers for that . Iv reset the unit to the driver side and the hairy hole is on the cloth trim above the rear view mirror . No signal still, but my radio seems to be getting a poor signal too. So ill put it down to this .

I live on the very south coast of England, a place called fawley, all my journeys are going to be local, so i cant try it out .On Monday ill be off to Prague, so ill give it a go, on the way to Bournemouth airport .

Try putting the aerial and aerial wire on the screen rather than hiding it away & make sure it is straight - no kinks.
Dustysworld
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , ill try that
Gravyboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to add (2 this year old topic) that I recently purchased a B2+ for use with my F20. It generally finds 2 signals locally (Classic and Galaxy 102), and almost always does. The B2+ only rushed me aroun £35 as well.
memobli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: T1 traffic module Reply with quote

on sale on argos web site for £69.00 today
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Have not posted for a while.
I have my N60i on the RHS of the windscreen, with the T1 wire running to the door pillar, with the wire pushed into the lining. Fully extended and ends above the passenger sun visor. I seem to get better signals, than when I first purchased the unit, going down the lines of a mag mount Maplins aerial and the kindly donated adaptor from Mike.
I read that the coverage would get better in 2008. Perhaps I am imagining things, but this seems to be the case, in my area.
I use my N510/520 on a daily bases with work, but its getting a bit dated map wise, although I have the last upgrade.
For the last 2 weeks in January, I was away with work, all over the south coast, the T1, Maplins unit, did not give me any concerns, with the many destinations I visited, had the green symbol almost all the time. It did re route me a few times, which I was glad off.
Regards
DRP

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRP wrote:
Hi
Have not posted for a while.
I have my N60i on the RHS of the windscreen, with the T1 wire running to the door pillar, with the wire pushed into the lining. Fully extended and ends above the passenger sun visor. I seem to get better signals, than when I first purchased the unit, going down the lines of a mag mount Maplins aerial and the kindly donated adaptor from Mike.
I read that the coverage would get better in 2008. Perhaps I am imagining things, but this seems to be the case, in my area.
I use my N510/520 on a daily bases with work, but its getting a bit dated map wise, although I have the last upgrade.
For the last 2 weeks in January, I was away with work, all over the south coast, the T1, Maplins unit, did not give me any concerns, with the many destinations I visited, had the green symbol almost all the time. It did re route me a few times, which I was glad off.
Regards
DRP

Hi DRP - Missed you!
Don't know if you have seen this thread here
(The Traffic Message Channel thread) in which I have read all about the new TM channels due to be on line this year.. Maybe they will improve the coverage in the UK.
stevem999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravyboy wrote:
I just want to add (2 this year old topic) that I recently purchased a B2+ for use with my F20. It generally finds 2 signals locally (Classic and Galaxy 102), and almost always does. The B2+ only rushed me aroun £35 as well.

Disregarding the bluetooth element - can anyone tell me if the hardware, antennas or connections on the B2+ are any different from the T1? They're both cheap as chips now so happy to take a flyer and pick one up for my N20 (they both work with that model don't they?) but wonder if it's worth the B2+ over the T1 for any reason. It also looks that the B2+ is a little smaller than the T1 perhaps - anyone know about these bits of kit? Cheers.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevem999 wrote:
Gravyboy wrote:

Disregarding the bluetooth element - can anyone tell me if the hardware, antennas or connections on the B2+ are any different from the T1? They're both cheap as chips now so happy to take a flyer and pick one up for my N20 (they both work with that model don't they?) but wonder if it's worth the B2+ over the T1 for any reason. It also looks that the B2+ is a little smaller than the T1 perhaps - anyone know about these bits of kit? Cheers.

I can only speak for the T1 which I have used for about 18m to 2yrs. It comes with a long aerial lead and aerial 18cm X 20cm which can be stuck on the windscreen either horizontally or vertically anywhere you choose. Sometimes a little experimentation can help in improving the signal. I use a second T1 in my Motorhome but have connected the aerial to a Magmount outside because of the overhang of the cab which can cause a signal blockage. Bear in ming athermic winscreens as well, which can cause a restricted signal.
Connection to the T1 is by a mini MCX connector from the aerial and the power lead that normally powers the Navman has to be diverted to a similar connection on the T1. ie power goes into the T1 which then powers the GPS.

I'm sure someone will come up with specs for the B2 (Bluethooth version)

Graham
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevem999 wrote:
Disregarding the bluetooth element - can anyone tell me if the hardware, antennas or connections on the B2+ are any different from the T1?

Although hardware is not identical, performance should be the same.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: