Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman T1 traffic module
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman T1 traffic module
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray66 wrote:
I purchased the T1 traffic module from Amazon had concerns as to whether it would work in England but I can assure you it works perfectly. Argos wanted £129 and Amazon £53. had a wait of 6 weeks but worth the wait

Unfortunately that one does not work on the N** range only the 5** etc models. Glad it works though. Wink
stevem999
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the case with the Amazon T1? Only that it specifically lists the models:
Quote:
This T1 traffic module is only compatible with the iCN 530, iCN 720 and iCN 750, F20, N20, N40i, N60i. It is NOT compatible with the iCN 510, 520, 550, 570, 610, 620, 630, 635, or iCN 650

Seems to list the N models - have we got info from elsewhere to the contrary?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
ray66 wrote:
I purchased the T1 traffic module from Amazon had concerns as to whether it would work in England but I can assure you it works perfectly. Argos wanted £129 and Amazon £53. had a wait of 6 weeks but worth the wait

Unfortunately that one does not work on the N** range only the 5** etc models. Glad it works though. Wink

There are two T1 modules. The module (product number AA004089) says this on the back of the package: Works for following countries on models: F20, N20, N40i and N60i::::
The other model AA005161 is the older version which works on the 5** range and is about £53 as opposed to the other one which is currently out of stock which is about £70.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevem999 wrote:
Is that the case with the Amazon T1? Only that it specifically lists the models:
Quote:
This T1 traffic module is only compatible with the iCN 530, iCN 720 and iCN 750, F20, N20, N40i, N60i. It is NOT compatible with the iCN 510, 520, 550, 570, 610, 620, 630, 635, or iCN 650

Nope, the Navman Store says exactly the same thing.

http://www.navmanstores.com/eu/product_details.php?category=Accessories&id=508

Quote:
Please note:

This T1 traffic module is only compatible with iCN 530, iCN 720, iCN 750, F20, N20, N40i and N60i. It is NOT compatible with the iCN 510, 520, 550, 570, 610, 620, 630, 635, or iCN 650.

As far as I'm aware, the 550 had a module of its own and the T1 is compatible with the rest. I use the same T1 on an iCN530 and iCN750. I can't see a part number on it
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
stevem999 wrote:
Quote:

Nope, the Navman Store says exactly the same thing.

http://www.navmanstores.com/eu/product_details.php?category=Accessories&id=508

Quote:
Please note:

This T1 traffic module is only compatible with iCN 530, iCN 720, iCN 750, F20, N20, N40i and N60i. It is NOT compatible with the iCN 510, 520, 550, 570, 610, 620, 630, 635, or iCN 650.

As far as I'm aware, the 550 had a module of its own and the T1 is compatible with the rest. I use the same T1 on an iCN530 and iCN750. I can't see a part number on it

Hi Tim, I ordered one of the T1 modules from Amazon (£53) in early Jan. Following various posts in this thread, I checked with Navman about application of the two differently numbered modules and received the following responses from them:
15th Jan
"There are two T1's, One specifically for the ICN 550 and the other for the other devices. The T1 will be available to purchase from our online webstore by February. www.navman-store.com" &

on the next day, 16th Jan " have checked for you and the one you have ordered is unfortunately the wrong one. This is for the 500 and 700 series. I have the part number for the correct one you need for your N20. It is AA004089."...

Accordingly, I cancelled the Amazon order and now await early Feb to order one for my N20.

I note from your link, however, that they now appear to be in stock Confused Confused

Confusing info as usual! Confused Confused Confused

Graham
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still... Confused Have now checked with the description currently on Amazon and it says," suitable for iCN 530, iCN 720, iCN 750, F20, N20, N40i and N60i "...price £53 with a few weeks wait and still sourced from USA.

Perhaps I should just listed to the radio traffic reports Idea
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned earlier (somewhere), I wouldn't be surprised if the EU and US T1 versions are different.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you have drawn my attention the the fact that Navman have these (T1 modules) in stock, I have ordered one - the order says "AA004089 T1 RDS Traffic Module for iCN 530, iCN 720, iCN 750, F20 and N-series",.

I could wait for delivery from the USA at nearly £20 cheaper, but I suspect, Tim, that you are right and the the NA sourced units are NA specific, despite the description being the same.

Graham
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T1 I bought from Staples didn't list the N series models at all on the packaging newest one was the 530. It worked fine with my N20.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

portman wrote:
The T1 I bought from Staples didn't list the N series models at all on the packaging newest one was the 530. It worked fine with my N20.

Was there any reference to a part number A0004089 on the packaging?
malcolmb1963
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

portman wrote:

I was just about to ask if anyone had checked Staples. I ordered one online and got it delivered to my parents in UK (I'm in Holland) and picked it up at christmas - THEN found out (from the back of the package) that it would not work with the 530 in Holland but would need an F or N series.

A couple of days later I was in Staples and saw a whole bunch on the shelf.

Worked intermittently (with included antenna) in UK, immediate reception when I left the channel tunnel in France.

I just gave up today and bought an F20 in Halfords here in Holland and have so far had great TMC reception. Traffic here is CHRONIC.

I'm beginning to wonder if TMC broadcasts are stronger in Europe than UK. There also seem to be more stations carrying them. You also get traffic (and stockmarket and all sorts of other) information broadcast on RDS and showing up on the car radio display. I actually find it distracting and use AM over here!
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry threw the packaging out! As i said it all worked fine.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new T1 ( AA004089 ) arrived today. Plugged it in and zilch nothing happened Crying or Very sad Looks like the Mini USB power adapter is faulty so had a word with Navman who are going to send a new one in the post.
Definitely cannot get any power to the unit or my N20 when attached so will have to curb my impatience and wait some more.....Grrrr
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
My new T1 ( AA004089 ) arrived today. Plugged it in and zilch nothing happened Crying or Very sad Looks like the Mini USB power adapter is faulty so had a word with Navman who are going to send a new one in the post.
Definitely cannot get any power to the unit or my N20 when attached so will have to curb my impatience and wait some more.....Grrrr

Got it working with a spare bit from something else. However, NO signals/traffic reports received at all. Tried aerial in several different places without success. Anyone got any advice? Tried around 20 miles from my home in SW Essex.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took mine a while to find the FM signals where I live, best thing is to try and stay put for a few minutes to locate the signal.
Once it has the signal it is normally good at remembering (as long as you don't power the Navman on without the TMC attached)

Seems if you do power it one without it attached it resets everything and you have to start all over again?

Talking about the aerial, anyone know where I can get replacement sticky pads from. I have just changed car and lost the spare set I had Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: