Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - streetpilot c510 problem sorted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

streetpilot c510 problem sorted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c510_student
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: streetpilot c510 problem sorted Reply with quote

hey,
im new to this but thought that my c510 experiences might help someone experiencing the same problems out der. I got a c510 for Christmas from my gf and initially it worked great. Then, i added 38,000 or so to the internal memory, after which the unit kept freezing and turning off during actual navigation but not during the 'rest' mode.

Anyway, i got an SD disc and loaded the pois on to that. Funny enough, the same thing happened. I phoned up garmin and the lady told me to:

1. hold down thumb on bottom righthand hand corner of screen and then turn the garmin on.
2. Select yes to erase the data.
3. Then upgrade the software to 4.10, which i already did ages ago, so didnt bother.
4. Then she told me to leave the unit in an open area for 45 mins while it was on to receive signal info.
5. I've been out using my garmin with bout 2-3 hours of navigating, and it works fine now!

The funny thing is that in the manual they tell u to let it receive the signal for bout 45 secs or sumthing, so just incase someone else had that same problem, try doin what i do. Works ok so far, but knowing my luck i'll be back to square one tomorrow Laughing Out Loud.

Another thing, the garmin lady said was that pocketgpsworld pois r known to corrupt the unit, is this true? Initially i think my unit may have got corrupted coz i added so many pois to the internal memory, but funny thing is, poi loader didnt warn me that this may be too many pois for my unit, anyway, its sorted now.

If any1 has had similar problem, i would like to hear about it, thanx.
benjones
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This didn't work with my 660 Sad

Thanks for letting us know though...
smarty246
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Garmin c510 crashing on pois Reply with quote

I have a similar problem but mine wouldnt get past the I Agree screen. Only since the pois were loaded. It doesnt seem to mater how many pois you add, but it does seem to mater how many sub chapters there are, I deleted a lot of sub chapters and then combined several of them together and now it works fine.

My question now is when searching through custom pois it only scrolls through the first say 20 then stops ( working out from your current location ). the rest are there as you can search for them. Is there any way of being able to search through all the list ?

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: