Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is TTN1 compatible with PPC2003?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is TTN1 compatible with PPC2003?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaatu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:00 pm    Post subject: Is TTN1 compatible with PPC2003? Reply with quote

Looking to upgrade my iPaq 3970 to Windows Mobile 2003. To delay an upgrade to TTN2, does TTN1 work under 2003? I have version 1.53. Couldn't find any reference here or elsewhere to answer this question so hope someone has tried the combination.

Thanks
Klaatu
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got Navigator 2, install that instead, as TomTom guarantee compatibility with Pocket PC 2003 (and I can tell you first hand that version 2.24, with GPS 2.08, work very well on an iPAQ 3970 running Pocket PC 2003 - that's precisely the combination I'm using).

If you haven't got Navigator 2, then I think your only option is "suck it and see". The upgrade offer has long since closed, and TomTom haven't released a specific Pocket PC 2003 version of Navigator 1. I can't see there being any more updates for Navigator 1 now; I suspect we'll probably see Navigator 3 in the next six months.

Navigator 2 is a worthy package; those that have used both seem to prefer it over Navigator 1. I never used Navigator 1, but I regularly use features that are only in Navigator 2, that I wouldn't want to be without now.

If you find it necessary, you can use the upgrade kit to downgrade your iPAQ from Pocket PC 2003 ROM 4.00.08 to Pocket PC 2002 ROM 2.10 (though you will need to reapply the SD driver XIP update for 2.10 afterwards). I downgraded the first time I upgraded due to the unavailability of drivers for my Compaq WL110 network card and HP/Compaq folding keyboard. These issues have now been solved, and the second time I upgraded I've stuck with Pocket PC 2003.

If you do try TomTom Navigator 1 on Pocket PC 2003, post your results so that we know the answer.

I only lost three programs in the upgrade - but I did go round collecting updates for all the third party software I owned before I upgraded. The only programs I lost were F-Secure FileCrypto (the version on my Pocket PC 2002 CD won't create storage cards on Pocket PC 2003 - I replaced it with Ilium's eWallet, which suits what I used FileCrypto for better), mPhone (it kept hanging when attempting to open the Bluetooth port - I replaced that with smart GSM which is a much better program and what I should have bought in the first place) and Money 2003 (couldn't be bothered to use the work-round to force Money 2003 to install on Pocket PC 2003 - I may eventually upgrade to Money 2004).

David
Klaatu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: TTN1 OK with PPC2003 Reply with quote

Eventually went for it and installed WM2003. Pleasantly surprised to find, that despite some installation errors, TTN1 appears to work fine with it. I have only used the basic navigation and rerouting functions and these are fine, wherther anything else in the software in not compatible will come out in time I suppose.

Klaatu :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: