Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PoiSync/Edit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PoiSync/Edit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrevorH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: PoiSync/Edit Reply with quote

Hi, Love the new POI database, is there a way to set this up with POIedit. So that I can sync automatically with my PocketPC PDA.
Thanks Question
thomagd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at this page http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/PocketGPSPOISync.php but this instructions appear to point to an older POI database.
Perhaps it will be changed soon to keep your POIs up to date
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few questions on this subject now appearing, any answers or clues forthcoming Exclamation
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know what POIedit it, this was way before my time. Don't expect anything anytime soon.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??????? also known as poi-sync, it linksto the pocketgps world poi database, it can be read about on this forum and includes instructions, does dnote ring a bell, now version 4.51, surprising answer lutz
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple answer is POI Edit no longer works with this sites POI databases, the facility was withdrawn quite some time ago. If you think it is still working then you are downloading very old data that is most certainly very out of date.
Use the download/ Unzip/ copy and paste to the device the actual files you need, to be honest this is faster and easier to use than configuring the Sync options and getting them working (when it worked) - Mike
dcross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The simple answer is POI Edit no longer works with this sites POI databases, the facility was withdrawn quite some time ago. If you think it is still working then you are downloading very old data that is most certainly very out of date.
Use the download/ Unzip/ copy and paste to the device the actual files you need, to be honest this is faster and easier to use than configuring the Sync options and getting them working (when it worked) - Mike

POIEdit worked perfectly for me and it's exactly what I want. I don't want to have to manually select each POI that I want every so often and manually download, extract and copy to my SD when a piece of software can do it for me. The current method is not easier or faster in my opinion. I think POIEdit, or something similar should be supported.
TrevorH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Anyone else fell the same Reply with quote

Quite right, POISync/Edit does exactly the job of the download and copy, but without any of the hassle, plus how often do you rmember to do this manually, with POISync ewvery time I connect my PDA it checks for updates and makes sure I always have the latest POI data, Does anyone else feel that this should be supported ?
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

Thanks for Answer but
I am rather surprised at this, possibly along with a few others judging by questions on various threads, I have been using this for many months and from the POIs I have used with this it appears to be uptodate and updated, I have had no problems whatsoever, perhaps now it is version 4.51 (not v2 or 3 as relevant forum shows) perhaps it shpuld be reassesed, because it is a very usefull and seamless procedere, and also possible the forum entry showing instructions be updated
thomagd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently running my Tomtom with about 95 POI's which is close to the 100 maximum. So when I am selecting all the POI's I want to do an update if I don't always select the same POI's I will end up going over the 100.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: