Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia N73, TT 6, GP-27
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia N73, TT 6, GP-27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fetman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Nokia N73, TT 6, GP-27 Reply with quote

Hi there. I have Nokia N73, with TT6. I bought this gp-27. I can pair it 2gether without any problems but, when is tt6 application running, its loosing the signal let say every 3 minutes and after 10 minutes the application just stop. I can even go to menu. I have to press cancel button, wait for few minutes and start tt6 again. And this is happening in circle again and again. I have tried different reciever and it was ok. Does anyone know what is hell going on?
PAArsko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the N73 has a problem with Bluetooth dropping connections. Nokia has updated its firmware but not all the phones are able to be updated yet.
You can try to update the firmware online at the Nokia web site if you are lucky enough to have a model that can be upated yet. The latest firmware is supposed to fix this problem.
fetman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Nokia sites, but unfortunately I wasn't able to update phone software. Is there anything else what I can possibly do?
buphone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know that there were legal versions of TT6 for the Nokia N73. Where did you get yours?
fetman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I boght it from tomtom.com.
http://www.tomtom.com/products/product.php?ID=260&Category=2&Lid=1
It says for N80, but N73 is using same symbian so its compatible. And if I wouldn't have this problem with droping bluetooth if would be more than happy with that.

PS You can also get it from ebay.
buphone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It says for N80, but N73 is using same symbian so its compatible"

Phones contain more than Symbian. There may be a reason why Tomtom does not list it.....

"And if I wouldn't have this problem with droping bluetooth..."

....and that might be the reason.

See what happens when the firmware is updated.
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&message.id=4523
fetman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I can assure anyone that Tomtom mobile 6 does work on Nokia N73. I have tried it on four different ones and it works perfect. Unfortunately I'm having problem with me bluetooth but that has nothing to do with the software.
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fetman wrote:
Hi. I can assure anyone that Tomtom mobile 6 does work on Nokia N73. I have tried it on four different ones and it works perfect. Unfortunately I'm having problem with me bluetooth but that has nothing to do with the software.

It doesn't work 'perfect' at all. In fact it's pretty horrible. REALLY REALLY slow when it is running, and then it freezes every time a voice command is read out and then after a while it just stops working completely.
fetman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you are right. There is a few problems with it. But all these should solve the new firmware especially that stoping.
jasplym
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My connecion keeps dropping too causing the software to freeze, it so frustrating!! Any ideas on when the new software will be released?
fetman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. Have a look on this. This is from nokia.com forum.

Hi there

Was looking at the NSU webpages and found the following statement from the 24th of November

"Please note that not all N73 models have new software available. Nokia produces many different variants of each product (for different countries and languages) and not all variants have updated software. It is our priority to update all variants as quickly as possible and we apologize for the delay. We will let you know as soon as new variants do become available."

You can see this for yourselves at the bottom the following webpage

http://europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate

You can read more about this problem on
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&message.id=4674&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

It looks like that Nokia finally did the step forward and fingers crossed, we might be able to update soon.
fetman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I have got some updates. Last week I went to my local nokia service centre for a new software upgreade. They have put it in and promissed me that this will solve the problem. Shame on nokia, everything same as was it before. But on the other hand people from nokia are trying their best and they relised some updates:

[b]Dear Updaters

We are pleased to announce the inclusion of two more variants for the Nokia N73. Sweden and UK variants (product codes 0539093/0539094 and 0539101/0539102) are now available in the Nokia Software Updater.

If you have downloaded the Nokia Software Updater pc client, you can use the version you have - or you can download the client from
www.europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate

We are constantly creating and testing new releases as software becomes available, and we will keep you informed.
[/b]Warm regards
The Nokia Software Updater team"

But my code number begins with 05399 which means I will have to wait. God knows how long.

So everybody be cool, one day we all will have our software upgreaded.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: