Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin c510D not charging up from cigarette lighter socket ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin c510D not charging up from cigarette lighter socket ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Type23
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Garmin c510D not charging up from cigarette lighter socket ? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a c510D and use the TMC-21 module when in the car to provide traffic info and what I thought was also charging up the Sat Nav unit. I've been caught out a few times now with the unit switching off due to run down batteries but I'm sure the unit is supposed to charge up via the TMC-21 module when plugged in ? The cigarette lighter socket is definitely working is there some menu selection I need to select to enable charging via the TMC-module when in the car ? I'm sure the unit was OK previously Confused Any help greatly appreciated

Rgds
n4nick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Is it possible to charge it fully at home via the USB socket and your computer? I think the GTM21 requires power to work so if you are getting traffic info one would assume that it's a problem with the 510 itself. Perhaps one of the guys here with a 510 can help?

Nick
CreaTz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the inline fuse on the head of the cable ?

C510D gone
TomTom One V2

######
Type23
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, CreaTz your theory was almost correct, but if only it was the fuse I would be a happy bunny. Unfortunately the whole end "tip" off the charger was missing !have found the fuse + spring but for life of me (and after tearing car apart Evil or Very Mad could not find the "screw-end-cap" Sad have nicked one off another device as a temporary measure and unit now appears to be taking a charge, can imagine that I will probably have to purchase a whole flaming TMC-21 unit unless Garmin sell this end cap only?

Rgds
tynecomp
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type23 wrote:
Unfortunately the whole end "tip" off the charger was missing !have found the fuse + spring but for life of me (and after tearing car apart Evil or Very Mad could not find the "screw-end-cap" Sad have nicked one off another device as a temporary measure and unit now appears to be taking a charge, can imagine that I will probably have to purchase a whole flaming TMC-21 unit unless Garmin sell this end cap only?

Try ringing up Garmin and explaining the situation. They are usually very helpful in such situations. The significance of good customer service is often overlooked by hi-tech companies but I think Garmin are one of the exceptions.
CreaTz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or take it back to where you got it from and say it never had one in it :P

Hope ya get it sorted

C510D gone
TomTom One V2

######

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: