Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom's or PocketGPSWorld Database?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom's or PocketGPSWorld Database?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewH13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: TomTom's or PocketGPSWorld Database? Reply with quote

Hi just about to order Navigator6 with GPS unit for my Vario II PDA and I remembered seeing this site. Couple of newbie questions:

TT Navigator 6 comes with a Speed Database included. Is this their own one which will need a costlier subscription to update? How does it compare with this site's one? (quality and price)

Is it just a case of uninstalling the included one and using Pocket's DB?

And as im just about to order, how much discount is available from Easy Devices which 'includes a discount with membership'?
(Have spent ages looking around site and forums, but cant see it mentioned)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no comparison! TomTom's loses before leaving the start gate. Give it a try (just the included installed DB without subscribing) and see how old the cameras in there are. The warning distances and sounds are NOT user-configurable, so you get whatever distance and ding dong TT have stuck it with. My new TT GO710 had their DB and when I tried it, the cameras were at least 6 and possibly 12 months old. They didn't offer (I think they should have) just the first GPRS update free for you to see how it might improve. No need to delete it, just disable the cameras.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: