Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - download camera database & load onto ICN 510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

download camera database & load onto ICN 510
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good glad to hear you are fully up and running, it was Tim's original post where I lifted the instructions from that sorted the final issue out- it sounds like Navman were going in the right direction by telling you to use Note Pad.
Give the unit a try when you are next out and about then let us know what you think - Mike
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations BLKEY.
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: PROBLEM ON 2ND NAVMAN Reply with quote

Hi
I have just been updating my daughters Navman 510 speedcameras
but since I deleted one line in the pmobile list to put onto my own when I try to do it on my daughters neither of the pmobile files will open it just says unknown file format, so I tried it again on mine and it does the same
any ideas.
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: threads Reply with quote

Question Question i have put a topic on the forum twice i cant find either a am getting baffled as to where to go to please everyone i put one on yesterdays thread but cant find it si i opened a new topic now you have closed that i must admit you have got me baffled as to where to go
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try opening the files directly from the zip download again, remeber the "extract all" (this way you are starting with the same data that worked yesterday) then open the file using note pad and delete a single line entry, then save the file and exit Note Pad.

Now try using Smart ST to install the file to the Navman - Mike
BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: p mobiles Reply with quote

that doesn't work it looks as if i will have to get rid of these files and download the singe file one
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: threads Reply with quote

BLKEY wrote:
Question Question i have put a topic on the forum twice i cant find either a am getting baffled as to where to go to please everyone i put one on yesterdays thread but cant find it si i opened a new topic now you have closed that i must admit you have got me baffled as to where to go

Do you by any chance mean the one about Audi SatNav? If so, click here.

Here's an important bit of advice. Have a little patience. I think you'll agree that so far, your questions have been responded to quite quickly (if you consider that TomTom rarely give you their first answer until 48 hours have passed and each subsequent answer also takes 48 hours, excluding weekends, you have to answer YES to that). If you don't get an answer in not many shakes of the proverbial lamb's tail, be aware that not everybody else is hanging in here just waiting to answer you - this is NOT a subscribed helpline, with paid people on the end of the line.

Second, have you got your profile set to notify you of replies to your postings? If you have, then you WILL get an email informing you that there has been a reply to your post and if, in that email, you click the link, it will take you to the reply. If you do NOT click the link, you will NOT get any more emails telling you of further replies.

If you have NOT set your profile to notify you of replies, go to the top of this page, alongside the Globe and camera on the left, is a row of things, middle one of which is "Profile". Click on that, and on the page which comes up, you can edit your profile for this website. About half way down is a section for Preferences. In there, is a chance to click a button to "Always notify me of replies". If you click that button, you WILL get an email when somebody replies, complete with a link to the thread saying "click here to visit the thread". Whilst yo9u're in there, why not enter the town where you live - who knows, there just might be PocketGPSworld's greatest expert on your stuff living round the corner from you?

So, make sure you have that preference selected, then when you post, sit back and wait to be told there's an answer. Most people are only too eager to help. If there's no reply, either nobody can help (very unlikely) or the right person hasn't seen your post yet. Jumping back in with the same question elsewhere really only increases the chances of people ignoring you out of exasperation.

Of course, it helps if you post your question in the right forum. For example, I rarely look at any posts outside the TomTom forum (except quick glances to make sure you're all behaving yourselves), because I don't know about any other devices. There is no point in me replying that I can't help!!

May I suggest you spend a little time getting to know the website. When you first log on and also at any time when you're in here, down on the left hand side of every page is a box entitled "Members Area". In that box is an entry Member Forums. When you click that entry, you get a page listing all sorts of areas which you might find your interest, with at the top of it a rather useful section with three clickable entries ...

View posts since last visit - clicking this shows you every post since you were last in here. If you see anything you fancy, click to read it.
View your posts - now there's a useful thing - see all your own posts and click if you want to have another look at what's been said.
View unanswered posts - this is probably not much interest to you just yet - people like me look there to see if any poor soul is still waiting for an answer, to see if we can get something moving for them.

Remember that you can always join in on a topic which is running - click the reply button and go ahead with a question which is on the same subject which is already being discussed.

Regarding your present difficulties - it seriously looks as though you are not reading and following the instructions carefully enough - easy for me to say, isn't it? Especially when I don't know your satnav device at all. BUT there are an awful lot of people out there with the same satnav who HAVE done the business successfully by following the instructions. So go back and try all over again, carefully.

And Finally... These comments from me are made with the very best intentions to try to help you on the road to getting the most out of this website. I make no criticisms and have no thought that you are not capable. We all started that way at some time and with help from existing members have progressed to look as though we've been here for years, wise, bearded old men. We're not. Right now, a member is doing his best to get through my thick skull over emails and ISPs and websites and I'm just not twigging it - I'm hoping he can hold onto his patience with me. The problem we all face is that one man's clear explanation is another's closed book - neither is incapable, just that either the advisor or the advisee needs to use or pick up on the right word for the recipient and the "right" word, or description may well be utterly ridiculous for someone else.

Welcome to our community. I sincerely hope that in a few months time I shall see you passing on your expertise to some other newcomer like you are today. Group hug, group hug.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nicely said, Dennis.
Best description of getting round the site and what we are all about I've ever seen.

Group hug, though? Out of here

Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Group hug, though? Out of here

Laughing

Sure. I owe lots of people a big group hug for all the help I've received here, not least from you, Andy. No reservations (except, don't bring your fireworks kit with you).

BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: very good reply Reply with quote

Hi Dennis
thankyou for your very good reply you put a great deal of thought into it and very well put just bear with me a while longer and I will get used to these forums it is the very first time I have ever used one or ever had to use one but with time I will get there as i was saying yesterday about putting the files onto my daughters navman I am still getting Navman internal error but if i do as Tim suggested on an earlier thread I have done that but am unable to open the file anymore it just says wrong file format or something to that effect so I had to delete the whole lot and download the database again without any problem thank goodness.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: very good reply Reply with quote

BLKEY wrote:
Hi Dennis

My final word, I hope. Do you realise you've just typed a single sentence which is one hundred and thirty words long?? That's not easy for people to understand.

PLEASE start using your full stop key and let us catch our breath in the same places you do!!

BLKEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: log in problems Reply with quote

the only way i can get in here now is by this link. have you blocked me logging in if so could you let me know, i changed my password the other day but i have used it since then no trouble. but tonight it doesnt work nor did my original password. whats going on if you dont want me just say and i will stop using pgpsw as of now
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: log in problems Reply with quote

BLKEY wrote:
the only way i can get in here now is by this link. have you blocked me logging in if so could you let me know, i changed my password the other day but i have used it since then no trouble. but tonight it doesnt work nor did my original password. whats going on if you dont want me just say and i will stop using pgpsw as of now

Not me, not me!! I don't know how to block you and I don't have the power to do it.

I'm not a website expert, so I can't give you terribly good advice.

It seems like you've lost your login identity somehow. I suggest you login again, only this time tell it you've forgotten your password and the magic computer will send you another one. Then when you log in again, tell it to remember you and your password, then bookmark your home page and use that as the way in. It's the way I do it if I haven't got an email link to a thread I'm watching. By the way, I NEVER forget my password, because I always use the same one - that's because I'm an idiot and also a forgetful old man.

Or at worst, simply bookmark this page whilst you are here and use it to get in, then click on the Home button at the top of the page and bookmark that page as your way in.

Let's both hope somebody else sees this who knows how to sort you out. I can assure you that you haven't been blocked - if you had been blocked, you wouldn't have been able to get in through this entrance.

PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLKEY - how could you have posted that last question if we had blocked you from entering the forum?
mrg2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Long posts Reply with quote

A post that long is never going to get read, ..............

DennisN wrote:
BLKEY wrote:

Do you by any chance mean the one about Audi SatNav? If so, click here.

Here's an important bit of advice. ...................................

Edited by DennisN. No need to be offensive and no need to repeat my ramblings, especially if you consider it too long.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: