Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PPC Update to vs 7.0.02834)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PPC Update to vs 7.0.02834)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: PPC Update to vs 7.0.02834) Reply with quote

I have had some fun and games installing and activating the new update, some of the faults were avoidable, but I will mentions them just in case anyone else end up in the same position, if nothing else it will give you a laugh at my expense Embarassed :

The Activation code failed, even though I retyped it a number of times, in the end I resorted to phone R66 Customer Support, it transpired I was typing a number 1, where the software was expecting a letter L. There is very little (if any) visible difference, ten out of ten for support, quick and efficiant.

A number of issues exist with the new software version, the start up logo screen doesn't come up fully accross the today screen leaving it partially on show until the application fully launches - minor to be honest, but 7.0.970 didn't do this.

The screen rotation feature causes strange behavior, when you rotate to landscape and exit the screen the Today screen is in portrait mode - nothing wrong here. Start R66 again and the R66 application is in Landscape, exit the application and the entire PDA including the Today screen is left in portait mode.
Incidently the same behaviour is exhibitted when switching from Landscape to Portrait.

A new feature is to send GPS position by SMS text message, as I have loaded the application to a phone equipped PDA I tried this, the software hangs, the only recovery being a soft reset, so I guess this won't be used very often, not by me anyway.

Installation of the update is automatic, however when I started the application the screens and menus within the program all displayed "NULL_STRING", whilst the program worked it made navigation around the device clumsy.
Customer support suggested a hard reset, but I chose to re-install the application by running the CAB files from the memory card - this worked fine.

Even the TMC data works using the phone, so I will give it another try and see what the improvements have done to the routing, POI etc - Mike
jigglerjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you change PPC Route66 Nav7 to landscape? (and if so, how?), Thanks John
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, Welcome to the forum, if you tap the screen with Route 66 running and go to Change Settings scroll down to the third page of settings and there is an icon for Landscape orientation. It works, but does take over the PDA settings the second time you start the software, no big deal though! - Mike
welshwizard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
Have read your comments with interest. You mention some of the minus Crying or Very sad points - but what are the "stated?" plus Laughing points?
Is the Upgrade available for download or how do I get a copy please?
BTW - Merry Xmas
welshwizard
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the update direct from the Route 66 web site (click HERE ) there are a number of fixes/ new additions listed on the same page:
Quote:
Resolved issues:

Many small fixes and improvements
Activation via SMS supported (PPC phone edition devices only)
Activation improvements
Better keyboard handling
T9 support
Increased speed in map drawing
Zooming is now possible in all aspects also during navigation
POI fixes
VGA support
GPS offline support
Better GPS detection
Send position via SMS (Pocket PC phone edition devices only)
Update mechanism inside the application
History and favorites are stored in a different location
TMC over Internet does show messages around map center in case of invalid GPS position
TMC over RDS supported:
- Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: