Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HTC P3600i + garmin xt
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HTC P3600i + garmin xt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedZovirax
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: HTC P3600i + garmin xt Reply with quote

Hi all
I am newbie here
Would appreciate for helping hands................

Please detailed me the setting I need to be done to make this unit works on GPS.

Thanks
IMB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Garmin XT Reply with quote

Hi
I have been using Gartim Mobile XT for about two weeks on a HTC P6500. I use to use Tom Tom 6 and to be honest I prefer Garmin, much more like Tom Tom 3 which I felt was better. The software isnt as polished as Tom Tom and the graphical display isnt as classy but I prefer the way it works, I like free cameras and Traffic. Garmin doesnt flow as smoothly as Tom Tom but I feel the voice and quidance is better and the graphical display isnt so pretty and consqently is easier to view at a quick glance. In my opinon Tom Tom is developing rather like the games industry, they seem to be consentrating more on graphics rather than gameplay, or usability in Tom Tom case. I am pleased I purchased the software and would purchase it again have used it..
The only downside is that fact that the software is locked to the memory card it was purchased with. You can copy the software to your computer as a back up and copy it back to the orginal memory card and it will work, try to stick it on a larger card and it will not work. Garmin have used this to try and prevent illegal copying, hopefully in time they will release codes to allow genuine owners of the software to use it on larger cards as it is restrictive and a pain to continually swap cards around. It doesnt affect me as the P6500 has two SD Slots so I have a 4GB in one and the Garmin in the other.
When I first installed mine it wouldnt find any sats and constantly searched for a Garmin Bluetooth Reciever rather than using the built in GPS Chip, but when I downlaoded version ****50 from the Garmin Website free of charge it immediately recognised the built in chip and work within seconds. It also works with the A-GPS pre-installed on the P6500.
Nice software, nothing wrong with it, and at £60, why use a copied version, buy it and help finance future development.
Regards
IMB Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: