Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seidio G2500 GPS Ready Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seidio G2500 GPS Ready Mount
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Alternative to Seidio G2500 Reply with quote

Has anyone looked at the RAM mount system for iPaq? I found some info on the RAM mount and would like to share that with you here. The system doesn't have an integral speaker, but it is well built. The company offers life time warranty on their mount kits. It seems that there is an infinite way to mount the PDA. Check out this url:

http://rammount.com/ipaq/rpr182co2ins.pdf
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're in the UK or Europe try going to www.gpsw.co.uk they stock most of the RAM parts and are an official RAM Distributor.
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see from the Seidio website that "Dark Grey" colour is now finally available!
However given the not so complimentary comments made about this mount on this forum I am not sure I will be ordering one after all!

By the way - has anyone purchased the extra long (14") gooseneck for use in large vehicles. I have a feeling it will be incredibly "bouncy"!

Cheers

Tom
JeepCachr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Alternative to Seidio G2500 Reply with quote

jimto wrote:
Has anyone looked at the RAM mount system for iPaq? I found some info on the RAM mount and would like to share that with you here. The system doesn't have an integral speaker, but it is well built. The company offers life time warranty on their mount kits. It seems that there is an infinite way to mount the PDA. Check out this url:

http://rammount.com/ipaq/rpr182co2ins.pdf

I purchased the non powered ram mount for my ipaq 5550. It was supposed to be custom fit. The prong on the top left side that holds the ipaq in place presses on the volume up button. Its unuseable this way. I looked for a way to adapt it and almost got my dremel out. Instead I emailed their support and recieved a reply a few days later. The email said they had redesigned the holder for this problem and that they would ship me a replacement. Its been 10 days and I'm anxiousiously awaiting it.

For now I've adapted my Arkon vent mount that came free with my GPS to use the ram base and it works pretty well. With the Arkon mount I leave the Ipaq sleeve in the mount with the power connected. Then I can just slide the Ipaq in without connecting the cable.

I use a audio patch cable to input my sound into the auxilary input on my car stereo. That one I have to plug in every time.

The ram mounts are very interchangeable and its a great system.
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Alternative to Seidio G2500 Reply with quote

jimto wrote:
Has anyone looked at the RAM mount system for iPaq?

I believe this is a RAM mount http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/andyincar.php
dominor5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: G2500 Hands-free Provision? Reply with quote

This "hands free" feature for the G2500 is discussed in Seidio's web site. I understand how you connect the audio cable from the cell phone to the G2500's audio-in port to hear a call through the amplified speaker, but how does the caller hear you when you talk? Previously I thought through a mic connected to the Mic port above the unit's volume control, but now what used to be mic and earphone ports are just plugged dummy holes! Can anyone please suggest alternatives? Thank you.

The quality of this cradle does leave much to be desired, bit it's still the "best-looking" one I've seen so far. Even the way the labels were printed on the unit appear cheap.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: