Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seidio G2500 GPS Ready Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seidio G2500 GPS Ready Mount
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfuzz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emjaiuk wrote:
What cable? I understood that plugging the PDA into the G2500 made all the connections

You have to connect a cable from the headphone jack on the PPC to the cradle for the volume to pass through the cradle speaker.
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am eagerly awaiting for a review of this unit. Thanks :D
samriley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just recieved my mount in the post today, ill get some pics up of it tomorrow. ill give it a 5min test tonight to see how it performs, ill lets you know when i post the pics.

so far ive hit a small problem when installing it, the vent clip wont fit my vauxhall corsa, the gap between the fins on the vent are too narrow to hook the clip on to, needs a gap of at least 8mm. so having to use the windscreen mount, seems pretty sturdy.

looks pretty good, though i think im gonna need a hard wireing kit as soon as they bring it out as the power lead, youll see why when i post the pictures.
samriley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was unable to test the mount due to a faulty power lead... i think, if you tweak around with it, it make the connection, so ive contacted seidio about that.

managed to test the speaker, it does distort a lot at its highest volume, so much that its unrecognisable what its saying, however, in my opinion the volume goes high enough before distorting.

the pictures can be found at http://www.assemblesoft.com/seidio/

the silver bit on the speaker lead is just a label i forgot to take off. also the power lead is wedged in the door to make the connection due to the faulty lead. from the pics you can see why ill need a hard wire kit (the power lead streched accross the back of the stearing wheel.

note also this is the mount for the ipaq 2210
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures samriley, it seems that there are a lot of user that are complaining about the quality of this car mount and your semi broken lead seems to be match some of these complaints.

I hope seidio will get you fixed quickly.

Thanks again.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine on Thurs "currently shipping" but seems like they won't have any until next week. Has anyone seen the grey model yet? I might go for that instead of the silver if they are in at the same time.

Matt
samriley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the website i dont think the gray model is shipping untill march.
AlunS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just received mine (for a Dell Axim X5), and while the cradle itself seems to function perfectly, I've had a bit of trouble finding a suitable mounting position / method in my 2000 Nissan Primera.

None of the 3 available vents are very suitable, since the position where the vent clip attaches to the cradle is quite high up on the back of the cradle which means that there is quite some overhang (or should that be underhang?). In either of the two centre vents, it overhangs the radio controls so much as to make it unusable, and in the small vent to the right of the steering wheel, it gets in the way of the wiper stalk, especially if the 360 degree swivel mount is used as well.

I'm resigned to using the 8" gooseneck mount in the corner of the windscreen on the right hand side, but the power cord is a little on the short side and rather tightly coiled, as others have mentioned. It shouldn't be too difficult a job to source a suitable connector and hardwire it on though I'd have thought.

So no problems with the cradle, but in my particular case the mounting options don't really work for me.
Skawrpion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the silver or gray mount?
How is the quality/finish on your mount?

Thanks
AlunS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the silver one. to match the Axim, although upon reflection the dark grey one might have been better to match the trim of the car.

The finish is OK, the only complaint I'd make is that the plastic parts that grip the Axim at the bottom are a bit tight, and I'd be afraid that it might wear some of the finish off the Axim in time after a few insertions / removals. Also the connector in the bottom of the cradle is ever so slightly offset from the connector on the Axim itsef, meaning it's an even tighter fit. Actually looking at my Axim, the connector on that is a teeny bit off centre, so maybe that's the problem.

Also the attachment plate on the gooseneck is a little loose, and it rotates ever so slightly maybe a degree or two. I'll maybe try squirting some superglue down there to try and firm things up a bit.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. It's too late for me. They ignored my email requesting the grey one instaed and shipped the silver one. Crying or Very sad

Matt
fishfuzz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some pics that I just ran out and took:

Here's some pics that I just ran out and took:

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Looks like the cradle is much better built, no cables coming out of the bottom which would stop you resting it on a dashboard for instance.
shenkerp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received my Dell Axim X5 and I can confirm all the comments made especially regarding the tight fit of the cradle. However I've one question to ask which perhaps Aluns could kindly answer. When my cradle is powered from the cigarette lighter adapter the green light on the cradle is on but the Axim is still working off its battery and the light on the top of the PDA is not on. Is this the way it is and the battery of the PDA is being charged or do I have a problem with the connector on the cradle?
Best wishes from Italy.
AlunS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the question about charging, I couldn't see whether the light on the Axim was on or not, it's difficult to see in sunlight, but I have a small battery monitoring program running on it and could see that it was indeed charging. You have to push the Axim in quite hard to get the two connectors to mate properly, maybe that's your problem? Otherwise, someone here also reported a dodgy power cable, maybe yours has a problem too?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: