Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to install Miomap 3.1?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to install Miomap 3.1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: How to install Miomap 3.1? Reply with quote

I have use of a new C710 which has (may even have came with) Miomap 3.2 loaded. It seems to work well aside from the fact that 7/8 digit postcodes aren't available. I know this problem has been covered before.

My question is how do I install Miomap 3.1 on the device?

Also, if is version 3.2 a stable version or is 3.1 still the preferred version?

Gareth.
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How to install Miomap 3.1? Reply with quote

Retty wrote:
I have use of a new C710 which has (may even have came with) Miomap 3.2 loaded. It seems to work well aside from the fact that 7/8 digit postcodes aren't available. I know this problem has been covered before.

Gareth.

I run 3.2 on my C710 but with the 7 digit post code modified file. Stable since updated when software was released.

The 7ppc file was around for a while but not 100% sure if still available for download.
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: How to install Miomap 3.1? Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:
Retty wrote:

Gareth.

I run 3.2 on my C710 but with the 7 digit post code modified file. Stable since updated when software was released.

The 7ppc file was around for a while but not 100% sure if still available for download.

Oh dear. Apparently full postcode searching with v3.2 was working on the C710 I'm using - I didn't realise that I had to use a space between the first and second part of the postcode! ;-)

Anyway, I installed v 3.1 by using a 3.1 disk - I installed the v3.1 software and then the maps.

I updated again to v 3.2 but still didn't know that I had to use a space between the first and second part of the postcode so I rolled back to v3.1!

I've checked the cache directory on the PC and I find that the file you mentioned - the 7ppc file - is in the cache directory and it seems to be the updated file.

I wonder if I should try *again* to update to v3.2?

The odd thing is that despite me meddling with a perfectly good 3.2 install I find that the UK maps being used for the 3.1 version are in fact the 3.2 version maps (with a + at the end).

Gareth.
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth the following thread details the experiences we have had with 3.2 and 7/8 digit post codes:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=47171

Good source of background reading.... Wink
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:
Gareth the following thread details the experiences we have had with 3.2 and 7/8 digit post codes:

Wow, it's confusing stuff.

I don't understand what the problem is or how to fix it - it was apparently working before I downgraded it and now it can't be upgraded successfully (so that 7/8 digit postcodes are working).

The Mio Updater seems to have downloaded the relevant files: greatbritain7ppc.fbl @ 93,885 KB and greatbritain.fbl @ 85,145 KB. The files are in the cache.

If I copy the greatbritain7ppc.fbl file to the maps folder on the Mio should 7/8 digit postcode searches work?

Gareth.
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:

Sorry for posting so many questions but this process is so odd that I can't make sense of it.

I've copied the 7ppc file to the Mio (it was downloaded by the updater but apparently not automatically copied to the Mio). 7/8 digit searching now works but there are other problems:

The ability to select a house number has disappeared.

The UK map version is showing as the + version - which is the old 3.1 version. Is it necessary to delete the old greatbritain.fbl file (85,145 KB) from the Mio?

Gareth.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retty wrote:

The ability to select a house number has disappeared.

Yes it has, and that's a pain (roll on v3.3 with this fixed)
Retty wrote:

Is it necessary to delete the old greatbritain.fbl file (85,145 KB) from the Mio?

I'm only running the 7ppc file and that works for me. :D

CeeJay.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: