Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Customer Service - complain here
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Customer Service - complain here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solobay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my perspective my TT Rider failed in Sept - took until November to get a replacement. All I got were untruths, lies or incorrect information - call it what you want it adds up to unacceptable levels of service. In all my phone calls etc I got one service person worth anything and she eventually got things sorted out.

The website gave incorrect information, their operators did and the bottom line was I had £400 worth of kit unavailable for 3 months - did I get any recompense - no - did I get any explanation - no. During one call I was told "you'll just have to wait"... as I say unacceptable - whch is a shame as when its working its a good piece of kit - I still think it has a design flaw and when it fails again as I think it will - it will go back to Halfords as being unfit for purpose
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said that it was acceptable in each particular case, I simply doubt that there are that many cases like these
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusted with customer services here. Sent back a memory card on the 17th November and we still haven't had it either fixed or replaced.

Just called customer services to ask what was going on and got a really snotty woman on the line. She tried to imply it hadn't been that long, while at the same time saying they have a 5-10 turnaround. I pointed out that surely formatting/replacing a memory card should be easy. And in a nasty tone said, "well, we have had a shortage of those lately". So err, format the one we sent back then!!

She then said a free of charge something or other (I forget what) had been put in on the 6th Dec so we should be getting it back soon. That's fine, but even that was 6 days ago!!! Unreal. I asked why customers weren't even sent an email aplogising for delays and she treated me like I was insane for suggesting such a thing.

Short, snappy and downright rude behaviour is NOT how you keep cusmtomers. I just pray this never goes faulty again. It's my aunts and she has been out it for almost a month now. She's retired and relied on it quite a bit.

I will never be buying or indeed recommending TomTom to anyone. Absolutely disgraceful to be honest. They couldn't even muster a "sorry it's taken longer than usual". I was just made to feel foolish for even dare ask why it hadn't been posted back. Waste of time.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBungle wrote:

Just called customer services to ask what was going on and got a really snotty woman on the line.

So is it Tomtom you are annoyed with or snotty women? When I have had the need to call CS I have been treated with respect and understanding by helpful staff.

In my experience if you talk to someone in a certain manner they will respond in the same way, so going in guns blazing isn't always the best way!!

To old to die young.
MrBungle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall saying I went in guns blazing? I pointed out she was snotty. And as a representative of TomTom (who have failed to inform me of progress) she is to all intents and purposes TomTom.

I was polite and merely asked for some help and was treated with disdain from the get go. I asked for help and was greeted with an attitude of "how dare he call here and question us".

Her attitude suggested that TomTom don't feel in anyway obligated to let customers know why goods under warranty, are still with them almost one month on.

It's not good enough. Whether TomTom or the woman, it's unacceptable and anyone trying to defend her attitude clearly doesn't care about whether they get good customer service or not. If it wasn't so early in the morning - and me being gobsmacked by her attitude - I would have taken her name and reported her.

I worked in retail for years and also in a repairs dept. I would have been out of the door if I had come even close to how this woman treated me.
trog100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

customer service costs money.. people to answer phones cost money.. there is strong motivation to reduce these costs..

its quite clear they will never create a situation where the "majority" are p-ssed off.. but the fanboy type defence does let them get away with p-ssing more folks off than perhaps they should do..

trog
Solobay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called customer services around 7 times over three months - once to report the problem and the remainder to get updates.

First call - great
Last call - great but didn't call me back - but did the business

Rest all I got was dismissive attitude and arrogance
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the bickering on here and the alleged small amount of problems aside it is abundently clear that TomTom DO have a problem with Customer Services.
I personally have had acceptable service when i have had the need to email them or call. However it does seem apparent that if you have cause to call them and indeed question their policies you get a mighty miffed and high handed reply, perhaps it goes hand in hand with being the leader in the field, anybody remember BT when they were the only player in the field !!.
Lastly, in any customer service based industry, regardless of how many superb jobs you do for someone, you are only as good as the last one.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far more serious IMHO, is the profound lack of product knowledge that most of TT customer services seem to have. The forums are riddled with examples where people have been given totally incorrect information or simply a stock answer that bears no relation to the actual question asked.
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Far more serious IMHO, is the profound lack of product knowledge that most of TT customer services seem to have. The forums are riddled with examples where people have been given totally incorrect information or simply a stock answer that bears no relation to the actual question asked.

Thats a fair point Andy.
One culprit for stock standard replies that bear no relation are fleabay.
Solobay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I can live with call centre staff who do not have product knowledge as long as the person who fixes it does!

What I dont appreciate is call centre staff who due to training, process or systems constantly give out wrong, incorrect, misleading or false information on repair status.

This is made worse by those staff who develop an instant attitude if you don't accept their stock "you'll just have to wait".
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOODY HELL!

After TT taking nearly 5 weeks to repair my first unit (via Glenrothes) and having NO communications from them whatsoever apart from replying with excuses to my queries;

I've just rec'd my other unit back repaired within 8 days of UPS collection AND I got status emails from them too!

So either I'm a lucky bunny or maybe they're finally getting their act together.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBungle wrote:
I don't recall saying I went in guns blazing?

I don't recall saying you did!

To old to die young.
dunk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the question is the power lead centre positive on a Tom Tom One version 1 via Tom Tom web site to their technical team. The answer came back NO! Rolling Eyes
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just stupid, but dangerously stupid! Evil or Very Mad
Please can you post the whole communication here?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: