Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP: Emtac Receiver Resets itself
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP: Emtac Receiver Resets itself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: HELP: Emtac Receiver Resets itself Reply with quote

Hi, I've got an EMTAC Bt Receiver, with TT2 and an IPAQ 2210. It was running fine for 3 months till christmas. My problems are around the link between TT2 and the Emtac.

I turn on the BT receiver and let it get a fix, then turn on the Ipaq, start BT and then start TT2. It then prompts for the Receiver through the BT Browser, and I select the correct one.

As TT2 starts, the receiver loses it's lock and we're back to square one. It's as if TT2 is sending a reset to the receiver. It loses all of it's sats and then starts to look for them again.

I can connect to the receiver using Cruxview with no problems at all.

Not sure if it's a receiver problem, BT Problem or software. It's unlikely to be Receiver, as that's what I first thought it was. i Sent it back to the supplier and received a new one in exchange. Same problem. I installed the same software on my 5550 and that did the sane thing as well. I hard reset the 2210 and reinstalled from CD, and that doesn't seem to have helped either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Andy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of the GPS Driver are you using?
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Emtac Problems Reply with quote

That was quick!!

I startes off using the one that came with the CD, and I've tried 2.07, 2.08 and 2.09 all with the same problem.

Andy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this only happen when using TomTom? If so then it sounds like the GPS Driver is sending an init reset command at startup although I have never heard of this issue before.

I tend to start everything up at the same time so I don't see the same symptoms but I'll fire up my system with an Emtac and TomTom's BT GPS and see if I can replicate it.
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great, I seem to remember that this didn't happen before christmas. The other thing I forgot to mention was that it does the same thing at varied intervals when I'm driving. The startup problem is just a bit inconvenient, but the rest while driving is much worse. Takes ages to get a fix then as I'm driving along.

Andy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I'm perplexed Confused I do not experience the same problem when I repeat what you have done. Switch on Emtac, wait for flashing green light to indicate fix, start up TomTom and it connects and instantly displays location, no reset witnessed. I too am using a h2210, TTNav 2.24 and GPS 2.07.

I did consider it may be a software issue but as you can repeat it using the Emtac with a 5550 then it would tend to suggest the Emtac as the common thread here.
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok a little more detaileed testing and a lot more frustration.

I've now got home and tested the 5550 again. It works perfectly with the new receiver Laughing

The 2210 still has problems. The differences between the two machines are:

2210 - tomtom v2 (from cd), gps 2.07

5510 - tomtom 2.24 and gps 2.09.

So I guess the next step is 2.24 on the 2210 and if no different then 2.09 as well.

It must be either software or perhaps a bluetooth problem on the 2210. Have you ever heard of bluetooth software problems like this? Or could it be bluetooth hardware?

Thanks for all your help.

Andy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely go with the v2.24 upgrade, lots of stuff in there worth having Thumbs Up . I can't see that upgrading to GPS v2.09 would resolve this, in fact v2.08 and later had other issues best avoided.

If it works on the 5550 normally and this only manifests itself in TomTom (you say that it does not occur when you use Crux View?) then it has to be software. If upgrading to v2.24 does not resolve this then you may be best advised to hard reset and re-install TomTom without any other software in an effort to isolate the offender?
andygrove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success Thumbs Up . The upgradevto 2.24 has solved the startup problem and it's now not dropping satelite lock either.

I must have has 2 problems - the hardware one with dropouts - the receiver has now been replaced. Global positioning systems tested it and replaced it in 2 days. Excellent service Laughing

The second was software - the battery ran out over christmas so i had to reinstall from scratch. I must have forgotten to reinstall the upgrade.

Thanks for all your help

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: