Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT710 camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT710 camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoseman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: TT710 camera database Reply with quote

Hi all just purchased a TT710 for my daughters boyfriend, I was asked if I wanted it setup for cameras and do I want to subscibe to TT camera database. I said I already subscribe with Pocketgps world, they said that TT have set them all up so you can't do that anymore you can only subscribe & download via TT. Anyone know if that's true? 710 comes with an SD card.

hoseman
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have been told complete untruth, the PocketGPSWorld database will work fine with your new purchase - you can either remove the TomTom supplied database or run the two sets of data at the same time to compare and make your own mind up as to which is best - mike
hoseman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder
Many thanks, just couldn't understand why I couldn't especially as it has an SD card. Just hope I've made the right choice for him, would have got him TT910 but I've read quite a few teething problems with910;

Thanks again

hoseman
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have it configured and using proper spoken alerts HERE why not take it back to the shop to "educate" who ever sold it to you, if nothing else they will learn the hard way!
Quite a price differential between the 710 and the 910, if you don't want the storage capacity the 910 offers or the Text To Speach/ MP3 player then the 710 is a nice device. So far I have had very few problems with my 910 it simply works as it should do - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoseman... sounds like the salesman has got confused because TomTom HAVE changed the way they do THEIR camera database. Their one doesn't use the POI method any more (foolishly making it much LESS customisable at the same time), but everything else works just the same, including the PGPSW database. Smile

(Oh, and it all works the same on the 910 as well, no difference using the harddrive rather than SD card.
hoseman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder, thanks again for the advice. I got it for my daughters boyfriend based in Germany, interesting you say you haven't had too many problems with 910, a lot of reviews I read on 910 were saying they have had problems with the mounting bracket keep dropping & one or two with mapping errors. That's why I went for 710 perhaps they were old reviews. Antway I use the old TTGO300 & I always rest the base on the dashboard, but I want to upgrade this Christmas so my daughter can have the 300. I'm confused which one to get now? Don't really need text to speach so its the 510 or 710. Anyway if I have problems this forum is the best to come to.

Thanks, hoseman
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hoseman....
The mount is the same throughout the 510,710,910 range (although the 910 may be slightly heavier). TomTom redesigned the mount slightly, and offered a free one to anyone that asked. Some said they were better, others said no improvement, but there have been much fewer complaints recently, so I think they may have done even more tweaking quietly without announcing it.

As for the choice between 510 and 710. I can assure you they are identical! They even have the same model number on the bottom. The only difference is 510 is UK and Eire, whilst 710 is Western Europe maps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: