Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Upgrade to latest map using Product Code
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrade to latest map using Product Code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Upgrade to latest map using Product Code Reply with quote

Hi,

On the back of the credit card type card that has my Product Code on it, it says that I can use the Product Code for future map upgrades. What do I have to do to get a map upgrade using the Product Code?

My TTGO 700 is about a year old and I have never used the code for anything, yet.

Thanks
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no upgrades available for the 700, or any TomTom. The latest release of maps are "new" maps not "updates".

The nearest new map that's available for the 700 is the Western Europe Map, but, if you download it, you will not get the Canary Islands (only on SD card and DVD 8O Confused ) and you will lose Poland and the Czech Republic. Ireland is not mentioned on the list of countries covered either.

So you don't need the product code this time.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for clarifying that. So the email I had from Teleatlas, and the publicity from Tomtom, about new maps is just an attempt to get me to buy something I already have. Evil or Very Mad Nice.

The map I am using is Western Europe v606.0. I take it that that is the latest version.
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having said that, I see that the latest Western Europe map on sale on the Tomtom site is v6.6
Macbobby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WE v6.06 has Poland and The Czech Republic and is over 1.4GB in size (seamless version) The new WE v6.6 is a little more up to date, about .956GB in size and does not include Poland and CZ. However it does have the 3 year old roundabout at the end of my street (missing on the v6.06) :o
SpikeUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that if you were to go to the Canary Islands, Poland or the Czech Republic you could always load your backup of a previous version for use while you were in those countries.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggsactly! Wink
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found tonight after eventually downloading my new map and updating the SD that I needed to activate the map. Activation of the map involved using a product code consisting of 3 groups of 5 characters. The product code is found either on the CD supplied or when downloading via Tom Tom Home is seen if you right click the product having copied it to your PC or Lap top. Activation also requires your unique device code which consists of 2 groups of 5 letters/digits. I used www.ttcode.com to get my activation code using the product code and unit code and then entered the activation code when choosing to select my new downloaded map.

Until you activate a new purchased map it does not appear to be available - persumably this is all to do with stopping users buying a map and sharing it.

Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike37 wrote:
I found tonight after eventually downloading my new map and updating the SD that I needed to activate the map.
My understanding is that if you do the Installing of the Map via HOME and you are connected to the Internet, the Activation process is automatic.

I didn't do it that way, so it's not first hand info.8O

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

I installed the map as follows:-
Downloaded GB+IE v660 to the Lap top following proxy allow file changes to allow a connection to download.tomtom.com.
Backed up TT GO using TT Home.
Changed to my new 1Gb SD - plenty of room for POI files !
Used explorer to copy from by backup onto the new SD
Used TT Home to Install the map.
It advised me "Could not retrieve the activation code for this item. It may already have been activated by a different device. Please contact TT Customer support for assistance"
It allowed me to continue in any case so I installed the map as previously purchased - TT did offer me a refund a week ago after all my download problems.

I must admit I did not appreciate at the time that this purchase gave me a 2nd map (my purchase last April being called Great Britain Plus).

I checked on the TT and saw the map version was my v571 still so used Change preferences, Manage Maps and when I selected the map it prompted "This product has not been activated yet". At this point I started to check www.ttcode.com as advised and having gained the activation code entered it on the TT.

All in all then, I am not sure why on installation it could not retrieve my activation code but then again so much seems to have happened on this update that I am just glad it is now done.

Final thought for now - I just hope it has all been worth it !

Thanks for your assistance, if I spot any POI changes I will advise you.

In time, I will copy you a Brewers Fayre csv - Whitbread do not have the information so it may take a time to compile via their web site.

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: