Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go 510 - V650.1046 GB_Major_Roads_WE maps VS V660.119
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go 510 - V650.1046 GB_Major_Roads_WE maps VS V660.119

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shauneco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go 510 - V650.1046 GB_Major_Roads_WE maps VS V660.119 Reply with quote

I have a TT 510 with V650.1046 GB_Major_Roads_WE. I dont drive anywhere in Europe nor do I intend too. I would just like to know is their any difference in the map data between the V650.1046 and V660.1199 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland. Obviously the v660.1199 doesn't contain the major roads of europe but is the regoinal part the same or is the V660.1199 more upto date?. I would like to save some space on the original SD Card.
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT's site says if you already have 6.5 or 6.5 then you already have the latest.
shauneco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that but TomTom says "With the addition of 40,000 kilometers of new roads, 18,000 Points Of Interest and 7,000 new roundabouts in Europe in the last six months alone, TomTom promises to deliver precise, simple and stress-free navigation."

Then that should mean that theirs more roads etc in the v660 map. Which are the new maps TomTom have just released.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote this in another place...

A complete contradiction!
Quote:

"With the addition of 40,000 kilometers of new roads, 18,000 Points Of Interest and 7,000 new roundabouts in Europe in the last six months alone"

Quote:

"The maps included in the TomTom GO 910/710/510, TomTom ONE Regional/Europe (New Edition) and TomTom NAVIGATOR 6 devices are already up-to-date."

- Units which have been available since March!

They can't have it both ways! (but I bet we never get a straight answer from them!)

And the other question we could be asking: If the maps haven't changed since the release of the x10 models, why have they taken so long to produce them?!
adrianhaslett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Problem TomTom have is they cant seem to be able to tell the truth or they don't know the truth.

As people say there are V660 Maps out and TomTom are saying that the X10 devices have the Latest maps at V650 but then why are the new maps V660 and as you say why have they taken so long to bring them out.

My opinion is that if they tell everybody who has a x10 range that there maps are out of date when they have only just bought there systems then theres going to be alot of very unhappy customers. So TomTom have decided to tell everybody this story about x10 ranges having the latest maps. But everyone else no's different.

I say TomTom should provide anyone who bought a x10 range with a receipt to prove purchase a free upgarde to V660.

Perhaps if everyone sends them emails they will get so annoyed and agree.

Any news if the upadte program is in place yet i.e reduced update costs ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrianhaslett wrote:

Any news if the upadte program is in place yet i.e reduced update costs ?

Not noticed the huge "20% discount until the end of 2006" sign then? 8)
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a GO 910, with maps 6.5 of Western Europe, and a TomTom ONE New Edition, Uk, with maps 6.6.
Using the Go 910 and the one around the uk.

To be honest, there is no, or little difference between the 2 map versions.

Tomtom have just released the "new" maps, so people with a GO classic or PDA with Navigator 5 can now have the most-up-to-date maps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: