Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Press release - 28th November 2006 - NEW MAPS !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Press release - 28th November 2006 - NEW MAPS !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Inaccurate maps Reply with quote

Never mind Rob, three years ago, I reported a street in Ripon that was sealed to through traffic anddivided into two some 25 years ago. There is even a line of mature trees right across what was the road. I have reported it again to Tele Atlas but will probably be plucking my harp before anything is done. It is those little annoyances that are ignored by Tom Tom which tend to frustrate.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Inaccurate maps Reply with quote

Rowan29a wrote:
Never mind Rob, three years ago, I reported a street in Ripon that was sealed to through traffic anddivided into two some 25 years ago. There is even a line of mature trees right across what was the road. I have reported it again to Tele Atlas but will probably be plucking my harp before anything is done. It is those little annoyances that are ignored by Tom Tom which tend to frustrate.

Have you looked at the TeleAtlas web site to see if this change has been included on their maps? If it hasn't, then you have to blame TeleAtlas, rather than TomTom.

I know I have reported one or two changes to TeleAtlas, and they haven't updated their maps yet. As TomTom say, they can only use the data that is provided to them.
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike - can you advise me the name of the street in Ripon so I can check it on my v660 GB+IE, I can add it to my mail to TeleAtlas with all the other things I have already spotted incorrect.

Thanks
Mike
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my last post about the A1 around Ferrybridge having been moved on the new maps, but being unable to confirm its accuracy because I hadn't driven the route. Well I now have, and can confirm that the map (although changed) DOES NOT reflect the current road layout.
johnmo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a naíve question, but does anyone know if the DVD version of the Western Europe map will update more than one tomtom satnav?
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Closed off road in Ripon, North Yorkshire Reply with quote

The name of the road is Filey Avenue and the barrier, which is chain link fencing and a line of mature trees, is approximately 54 degrees 8' 73" North and 1 degree 32' 21.92" West. You can access Filey Avenue from Clotherholme Road but can not drive through to Bishopton Lane and vice-versa! Pedestrians can get through in a gap in the fence!

I filled in the on-line reporting tool with Tele Atlas and got an e-mailed receipt so you nevfer know.....!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnmo wrote:
This may be a naíve question, but does anyone know if the DVD version of the Western Europe map will update more than one tomtom satnav?
No, if it's at the same time. It breaks the Licence Agreement to Install the Map on more than one Device at a time.

It would also need an Activation of the Map which will cause problems later on.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
bitpipe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Can/should I update a TT GO 700 with UK & Ireland maps o Reply with quote

Hello all - I have searched about but not found this particular question answered.

I have a TT GO 700 purchased summer 2005 and am considering the maps update.

Is there much point in getting the UK & Ireland update only and if I did would I loose the Western Europe maps (or would I have space for both)?

I suppose it's only £20 difference but still curious to know.

Thanks for any help.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Can/should I update a TT GO 700 with UK & Ireland ma Reply with quote

bitpipe wrote:
Is there much point in getting the UK & Ireland update only and if I did would I loose the Western Europe maps (or would I have space for both)?
The UK and Ireland use 240MB. I don't know how big the 700 Disk is.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Ripon road query Reply with quote

Mike
On the latest GB+IE v660 maps just purchased you can still travel from say number 16 Clotherholme Road to number 44 Bishopstone Lane in Ripon and it takes you via Filey Avenue.

Suggest you report it again.

On a more positive note, I have checked an error I reported where it advised me to join the M25 via an emergency services only road and that was at least fixed.

Mike
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike37. I reported it to Tom Tom three years ago via their web site and got an acknowledgement. I did not realise at the time that you could report direct to Tele Atlas. Hopefully this will be updated in the next set of maps. It does not cause me problems but anybody new to the area............... Rolling Eyes
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike37

Incidentally, where on the Tele Atlas site can you find out if a problem has been fixed. Been going round in circles looking for it! Embarassed
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowan29a wrote:
Mike37

Incidentally, where on the Tele Atlas site can you find out if a problem has been fixed. Been going round in circles looking for it! Embarassed

Try here
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
CreaTz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an intrest question..

If i just bought a tomtom one v2, would tomtom allow me a free download to the current version ? or would it not be worth it anyway ?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Can/should I update a TT GO 700 with UK & Ireland ma Reply with quote

bitpipe wrote:

I suppose it's only £20 difference but still curious to know.

I have updated my GO700 with the Western Eurpe map. 8MB Broadband download took 20 minutes, download is close to 1GB. Installation took another 10 minutes.

The GO700's hard disk was big enough to take the new map PLUS it didn't uninstall the old map (meant it was easy to drag and drop favourites to the new map folder). It still fired up on the old map, meaning I had to switch maps.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: