Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map Updates with TomTom Home
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map Updates with TomTom Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonmat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Map Updates with TomTom Home Reply with quote

I entered my product code and and the following is available to download for my TT5 :

Map of Great Britain and the Republic of Ireland Nav5 v6.6 (47.96 Euros)

It says that TT Home is required, at the bottom of the Home key features it says "Please note: Not compatible with TomTom MOBILE and NAVIGATOR 5"

I assume this is referring to a certain feature of TT Home as it says "Installation requires you to use TomTom HOME on your computer."

If I only purchase the GB updated maps will I still be able to use the older Western Europe maps that I received when I upgraded from v3?

Can someone please clear this matter up.

Thanks.
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jonmat
When you go to the map page you get drop down options. The first option is called "select your product" which in your case is TT5. The second option is "select your PDA/mobile device".
If your PDA is not listed you then use the option at the very bottom "other device"
You then select the maps you want which will be compatable with TT5. The actual map version will be Nav5 6.6.
Once you have the maps installed on your PDA (check the size of your CF or SD card because these maps are large and might not fit onto your present card). you also receive main roads of europe.
I'm not actually sure if you are able to use the western maps you already have after the upgrade because you get a new activation code for the new maps.
Common sense dictates that you will not be able to, as you have a new activation code, but perhaps a moderator would like to confirm this.

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
MohairSofa Calendar+Today Plug-in Ver.2.5.2
Softwinter Storage Tools Ver.2.0 ppc 420
Pocket Informant 9.01 build2390
Sprite Back up Ver 6.5.4 build 16
jonmat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I did exactly as you said and that is when I got the message about "Please note: Not compatible with TomTom MOBILE and NAVIGATOR 5"

This is where the confusion is.
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: I had the US/Canada Maps Reply with quote

With Nav 5 and Nav 6 installed. They both work without problem so long as they reside in separate directories no matter what TT says. For me, Nav 6 would not see ver 5 maps and Nav 5 would not see ver 6 maps. TT Home sees all of them.

There is a lot confusion as to what maps are available and what they will install on. TT support seems to be equally confused as they think things should work even though they don't.

For examble the NAV 6 PPC US/Canada "DVD" is described on the TT web site as having the entire US and Canada on an "SD Card" along with a stand-alone Puerto Rico map. I bought the DVD but returned it as all the maps would not install and/or activate.

I opine TT had some manufacturing boo boos and distributed some products with glitches. After admitting all my codes were right and I had no other issues they were unable to explain or resolve the problem. They have been real quiet since then. No return calls and no answers to "My Questions" on their web site.

I found no reason to continue with 6 as the basics are the same as 5 with not many noticeable map updates.
Jaherick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope somebody may be able to answer this. I downloaded a new map to upgrade my TTN5, it also downloaded the new Navigator for pocket pc and the new postcodes. Now the problem I'm having is that when I try to install them onto my Ipaq h4150 the TomTom Home program locks up and just shows the installing box. This happens on two seperate pc's boh running Windows XP (one home and one pro). Has anybody else had this problem?
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried installing directly to the SD Card.
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonmat
If you select TT5 then "other device" it automatically sends you to the TT5 maps, however, if you selected a PDA which is on their list and therefore compatable with TT6 it will send you to the TT6 maps and you will then get the message you are getting "not compatable with TT5"

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaherick
You say the Tomtom Home programme locks up and you downloaded an update for TT5.
The problem with that is according to TomTom, the TomTom Home programme only operates with TT6 and not TT5.
Did you download the TT5 upgrade maps or did you download the TT6 maps?
If the former, you shouldnt have needed to use TomTom Home. If you have downloaded TT6 by mistake I suggest you contact TomTom support and explain what you did and could you download the correct maps.

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
Jaherick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard,
Thanks, I think i've downloaded the TT6 maps, the website suggests that it will update TT5 to TT6. Conflicting info from the TOMTOM site. Looks like I'll have to call the helpdesk.
dundeebob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaherick,

Not sure if this will be any help. I had a similar problem - I had successfully downloaded the TT6 map (and also the TT6 update) but could not get it to install. After much trial and error, I disconnected from the internet' disabled my Norton Protection and tried again. Installed right away !!.
Only slight funny is I think it left behind TT5 as well and has installed TT6 on the CF card - but that's a problem for another day.

Good Luck

Bob
Jaherick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, problem solved. I loaded all the software on to a clean SD card via a card reader and when placed back into the PDA it upgraded the maps and the TT5 to TT6.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: