Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman N series SP1 released today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman N series SP1 released today
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Navman N series SP1 released today Reply with quote

Just seen SP1 on Navman's website....

http://www.navman.com/Navman/Templates/standardcontent____4407.aspx
Home 2.7.3.1894
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman N series SP1 released today Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Just seen SP1 on Navman's website....

http://www.navman.com/Navman/Templates/standardcontent____4407.aspx

Thanks for that, Mojo Wink
For everyone's information the SP1 will download to your SmartST2006 desktop thence to your Navman N20 & others in the N** range.
Here is a description of the enhancements:
Quote:
SmartST 2006 SE SP1 Posted 9 November 2006

The service pack applies to:
Navman SmartST 2006 SE for N20, N40i and N60i
Summary
This service pack will deliver the following changes, enhancements and fixes:
On-screen prompt and translation enhancements
Error message enhancements
NavAlbum fixes
Localized speed limits
Subscription enhancements
Minor bug fixes
General Improvements and Enhancements

On-screen prompt and translation enhancements
Various on-screen prompts and translations have been rewritten to make them more user friendly.

Error message enhancements
Various error messages have been rewritten to make them more user friendly.

NavAlbum fixes
Several fixes have been made to the way that NavAlbum imports and exports photos. This includes a fix that prevents NavAlbum from crashing when a photo (or folder containg a photo) taken with a certain brand of digital camera is imported.

Localized speed limits
The on-screen alert that displays when approaching a safety camera location has been improved by showing the speed limit.

Subscription enhancements
Subscription enhancements have been made to SmartST Desktop to handle new types of safety cameras.
The new types of safety cameras include:
Safety cameras (mobile)
Safety cameras (average)
Red Light cameras

Minor bug fixes
Minor bug fixes have been made to the software.

My own experience of installing this SP1 are as follows:
Have your Smart2006ST CD ready - you will need it
My download took 3 Mins on a 2Mb BB - a download on a Dial-Up will take an estimated 1.5 hours.
The file size is 34.2Mb.
After Download to the desktop programme it then installs the SmartST upgrade to the device (in my case the N20)
It installs Smart Desktop 2006SE version 4.11.006
It also installs a software update to the SmartDesktop 2006SE.
A restart of your PC is required after installation.

I have not noticed any change to the software version number on the Navman or the Desktop programme where I would have expected to see the version number updated Idea

Hope you will find this helpful Wink
doctorf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: BIG PROBLEM WITH UPDATE! Reply with quote

Updated to SP1 this evening and it would appear that when you go to 'ENABLE POIs' and then to 'ALERTS' there are only 5 alert categories so I cannot see any more than 5 zoned cams. I haven't tried it on the road yet but I suspect big problems!

Simon F
imlost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, they are still listed in enable poi's tho'.
Geoff
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here!! Should have read your comments first, I should have learn't by now, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!
doctorf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have informed the Navman technical people and await their reply. Perhaps a few more complaints/comments to them would be useful.

Simon F
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got mine up and running again. I think the best bet is to remove the POI's that YOU have put on the N20 before you upgrade to SP1.
To make it easier to install them again after the upgrade make a copy of the 'MyPOI' file and the 'custompoi.xml' file from the 'Navman' folder on the N20.

To delete the POI's properly use the POI editor, bear in mind its slow to delete them so give it time to finish the removal, make sure you press 'ok' at the end and 'save changes'.

I can't garantee it will stop any problems but its easier than ringing Navman and having to delete all the maps like i did!!
barrados
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup same here, POIs all mucked up after sp1.
So I have uninstalled the software, rebooted, re installed direct off the original disk.
Then deleted all the files off the navman in folders .. program files & Navman, connected back up to the Smartst and reinstalled all the original software back onto the n20. Re uploaded all the poi's and everthing is back to normal.
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After deleting and reloading my POI's and the maps under the instruction of Navman support have found that am still limited to 5 categories in the 'Alerts' menu. Its as if the 'alerts' menu has frozen with regard to the arrows at the side of the screen. Maybe as Barrados says you have to completely re-install the original software. Doctorf anything back from Navman?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really necessary to uninstall the software from the PC and the N20 Question

I only have two (2) Alerts only showing after the update (SP1) but then I have had no luck in installing any of the custom (PGPSW) POIs as yet Crying or Very sad

So to reiterate, I have two Alerts and these refer to the Navman installed POIs Safety Cameras and Temps only.

I really am at the end of my love/hate relationship with Navman Evil or Very Mad
barrados
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee do you know what version number your Smartst Desktop software was before installing sp1 ? You seem to be having a lot of problems with pois even before installing sp1.
Here are my version numbers of the original install disks:-
SmartST Desktop: v4.0.10.24
Desktop Lang: v4.0.10.9
Activation: v4.0.10.1
Activation.dll: v4.0.10.5
POI Compiler: v4.00.0006
POI Editor: v4.0.10.1
iPAQDevice.dll: v4.0.10.1
DeviceLink.dll: v4.0.10.1
MapCheck.dll: v4.0.10.1

Yes you will have to uninstall your software after the sp1, because it updates the software on the n20 with new software, but more like bombware as its no good !

**Note** if your are going to delete all th files off your n20 make a full backup first, also browse your n20... Program Files\Navman\SmartST_CE and open the file cdkeys.dat in notepad and make a note of the 2 keys, there is a good chance you will be asked for these when re installng the software on the n20. Navman support will not be a lot of help, I had to find out the hard way, and only with trial and error, found the correct key.

If anyone does not feel comfortable about killing there n20, then leave well alone.

One other thing I tried last night,,,, I updated again with sp1. The n20 pois was mucked up, now I had made copies of the files
Program Files\Navman\SmartST_CE
SmartST_CE.exe
version.ini
gpslog.ini
cdkeys.dat
masterkey.dat
sigreg.dat
prio to updating, now I copied these old files back to the n20 overwriting, dissconected from the pc, the n20 rebooted and all the poi were back where they should be ! now the n20 seemed to be working ok, but how stable it would be I dont know.
Any how, I hope that some of this info helps out.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrados
Will check out the former version numbers when I have a moment but meanwhile the current SmartST 2006SE now installed on the N20 is Build 4.11.004 (2006/11/01 -12:20:14). It's working fine apart from the installation of new POIs. Had a 100Mile drive last night and noted that the alerted default installed cameras also had the speed limit shown against the alert. So that's a bonus. Liked the Exit number and road number on exiting from Motorways - better than the old 510! Like the fact that if there are turnings (say) from a road junction or roundabout then you are told what turnings to expect after eg take the third exit from the roundabout and immediately take the third exit on the left etc...

So it's not all bad ....yet. If I can overcome the POI problem - and I am expecting some help from Tim after he gets his new N20 this w/e, then all will be will well Wink
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So it's not all bad ....yet. If I can overcome the POI problem - and I am expecting some help from Tim after he gets his new N20 this w/e, then all will be will well

Actually, I misunderstood. Sorry! It was not the N20 - so will not get 1st hand info from that source.
doctorf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some further comments;

1. The guy at Navman got back to me Friday late afternoon but I was too busy to talk. I'll return his call monday am and post any news of note.
2. I've just done a 400 mile drive this weekend and I agree that the Navman alerts are now much better with the speed now specified with the warning. All my added POIs seem to work OK despite only 5 showing up on the alert menu so that is also encouraging.
3. The mapping and voice direction is certainly the best I have ever used up to present on any GPS system.
4. I get the odd alert from the GPS world files AFTER the camera has been driven past; this does not happen too often so I guess I can live with it. If anyone has any bright ideas to solve this then please let me know!

Simon F
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Sp1 is actually Serivce Bugs pack 1!
Home 2.7.3.1894

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: