Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT One V2 Automatic Switching to Day/Night Colours
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT One V2 Automatic Switching to Day/Night Colours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetgaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: TT One V2 Automatic Switching to Day/Night Colours Reply with quote

According to the manual, I should be able to go to Brightness Preferences and select an option to automatically switch to night colours when the in-built ambient light detector thinks its dusk.

All I see on the Brightness Preferences screen is the option to set the day and night brightness levels via two slider controls that control the percentage, there's no other options available.

Has anyone else managed to enable this feature on TomTom One V2 ?

(It's using firmware 6.501 which I believe is the most up to date for this model)
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: TT One V2 Automatic Switching to Day/Night Colours Reply with quote

planetgaz wrote:
According to the manual, I should be able to go to Brightness Preferences and select an option to automatically switch to night colours when the in-built ambient light detector thinks its dusk.

never looked at the manual but have just checked my TT1V3UK and no dedector exists. I use the following http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/suntime.php?lang=uk
planetgaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Timber, I'll give that a go, sounds like that will achieve the same thing.

Still strange why TomTom suggest it can be done through a setting, check out Brightness Preferences under Preferences on the manual here:-
http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/one2006/refman/TomTomONE_EN.pdf

Cheers.
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: TT One V2 Automatic Switching to Day/Night Colours Reply with quote

never looked at the manual but have just checked my TT1V3UK and no dedector exists. I use the following http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/suntime.php?lang=uk[/quote]

This looks as if it might be useful although I'm not sure if I fully understand the process. If you have got it working, is it possible for you to elaborate on the installation process please?

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
timber
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TT One V2 Automatic Switching to Day/Night Colours Reply with quote

timber wrote:
never looked at the manual but have just checked my TT1V3UK and no dedector exists. I use the following http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/suntime.php?lang=uk

trevor wrote:
This looks as if it might be useful although I'm not sure if I fully understand the process. If you have got it working, is it possible for you to elaborate on the installation process please?

As with any changes to your gps make sure you have a full backup before altering/adding anything

Download the zip file and unpack.
Place the cab and toc file in tomtom home download folder.
Use tomtom home to install the files.
create a text file called cleanup and place the following text in it daemon|suntime/suntime|
Place the text file in the root directory of your sd card.
Restart your gps you should see suntime program starting up in the top right hand of your screen (you will not see this message again under normal operation).

It requires to have a valid signal from a satellite to carry out the change from day to night and back the software picks up the time signals.
You can alter the gmt setting and also to twilight i'll leave this out for the moment Exclamation
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TT One V2 Automatic Switching to Day/Night Colours Reply with quote

timber wrote:

As with any changes to your gps make sure you have a full backup before altering/adding anything

Download the zip file and unpack.
Place the cab and toc file in tomtom home download folder.
Use tomtom home to install the files.
create a text file called cleanup and place the following text in it daemon|suntime/suntime|
Place the text file in the root directory of your sd card.
Restart your gps you should see suntime program starting up in the top right hand of your screen (you will not see this message again under normal operation).

It requires to have a valid signal from a satellite to carry out the change from day to night and back the software picks up the time signals.
You can alter the gmt setting and also to twilight i'll leave this out for the moment :!:

Thanks, even with my limited ability I should be able to manage that. I'll give it a try at the weekend. (I may be back for help!)

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ambient light sensor indeed is a very handy feature of the x10 GOs. Difficult to understand why TomTom have not included it in the TT1V3

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
planetgaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, especially when their manual suggests they have included it !!!!
wibbly
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without the sensor, a software solution like the 3rd party one listed would have been useful...
Osmosis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Suntime conflicting with menu options? Reply with quote

Hi,

Downloaded Suntime a couple of nights ago and am wondering if the automatic check every minute causes the TomTom One (new edition, app v6.5) to lose touch of where you are in the menus. For example, I'm usually finding that as I'm typing in text for a POI or waypoint, it removes the whole line and I have to start again, or it thinks I've hit a different button on the screen. This is intermittent, which makes me think it could be Suntime, as I used the TT for two days when I first got it without a glitch.

Anyone else noticed this? I might have to remove Suntime and see if I have any problems for a while, then load it back on again.

Great little programme though.

Osmosis

TomTom One (New Edition)
Application version 6.5
Suntime 1.1
wibbly
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a shame. I'm just trying Suntime. Please keep us posted if removing it fixes the problem...
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to set the update rate to (say) every 5 or 10 minutes rather than every minute? It wouldn't make the menu problem go away but at least it would make it much less likely.
Osmosis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, guys. Have you installed Suntime and noticed any difference? I kind of hope so, as it means it's not by brand new TT. I have appalling luck with electronics.

I've had a look in the three files needed for Suntime but I suspect the time interval is in the .cab file, which doesn't show normal text once opened in a text editor.

I think I've e-mailed the developer (I say this because the site is in French), and have asked if he knows if this is an issue and can the interval be changed. I'm not expecting a reply anytime soon. I may have to get a French guy I know to re-write my request.

I'll keep you posted but please do run your own tests too. Smile
Osmosis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be posting so close to the last one.

I've fired up the TT and run a quick test. By looking at a clock when I turned it on I was able to guess when Suntime would run a check (every minute).

I then went to Change Preferences _ Set owner... and began typing in some details. This meant I should be typing as Suntime refreshed itself. Low and behold, every minute, for 3 minutes, my line of text was removed or defaulted back to the original. This was almost to the second I'd estimated ST to be active.

I then removed ST and tried again. This time the night colours stayed active and as I typed in my owner details, nothing refreshed, moved, or defaulted. So my own 'objective' test shows it's a bug in Suntime, or a conflict.
wibbly
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame. TT One needs something like this... Hopefully they'll fix the bug. Sounds perhaps like they're re-enforcing the display setting once a minute regardless of if it's already set the way it needs to be...

Anyway, please let us know here if you get a version that doesn't suffer this problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: