Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS Database accuracy v. Roadangel
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS Database accuracy v. Roadangel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobhig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Pocket GPS Database accuracy v. Roadangel Reply with quote

I'm currently using a roadangel - but fed up of hardware in the car. I would happily pay for the database on this site and just use TomTom.

Incidentally I'm a bit PO'd with Roadangel/Blackspot. After paying for a lifetime subscription to their database only months ago (£99), I'm told today that the subscription is only for the Roadangel classic and I would have to pay again if I upgrade to a newer Roadangel or Roadangel Navigator! I'm sure they only have one database - I can't see them having multiple versions and having to separately maintain them.

Anyhow -

1) Is the PocketGPS database as good as roadangel's in terms of coverage?

2) Do you guys think TT6 is worth the extra cash over version 5? European maps would be good....although I don't drive much abroad.

Many thanks guys!

Bob
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bobhig,

bobhig wrote:
1) Is the PocketGPS database as good as roadangel's in terms of coverage?

TBH, I don’t know as I’ve never used a Road Angel. I used to use a Morpheous (now called Road Pilot) Geodesy, which was apparently the first GPS camera detector unit. However I have let its subscription lapse as it was an extra thing to set up and tidy away. I’m very happy with the PocketGPSWorld camera database. Why don’t you try it for one month for only £2.00? Also if you are the first to report a new camera and get lifetime subscription that you won’t lose the subscription if you upgrade to a different SatNav unit – as long as it’s a SatNav that can handle the PocketGPSWorld camera database.

bobhig wrote:
2) Do you guys think TT6 is worth the extra cash over version 5? European maps would be good....although I don't drive much abroad.

It depends on the cost as you can’t upgrade from 5 to 6, and I don’t know if you ever will be. AFAIK, the European maps are not included free of charge with TTNav 6. When people upgraded from TTNav 3 to 5, they were given European maps for free, I don’t think that this will happen for TTNav 5 to 6.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: