Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - C710 v3.2 Roundabout problem, again
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

C710 v3.2 Roundabout problem, again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: C710 v3.2 Roundabout problem, again Reply with quote

Hi all.

Here's a weird one.
On v3.1 I had modified my data.zip file to give me a warning as to which exit to take off a roundabout at 300 metres instead of the default 100 metres. Everything worked fine.
It now does not work with v3.2.
This was brought to my attention whilst setting up a 510 for my sister (UK female voice etc). She did not want v3.2 installed.
I copied my modified data.zip from my 710 to her 510.
Whilst running the 2 units side by side the 510 on v3.1 was giving the exit at 300 metres whereas the 710 has reverted back to only giving the exit warning at 100 metres.
This is the same data.zip file.
Anyone know what's going on? Confused
The 300 metre warning has proved useful on occasions, so I would like to get it working again.
Any help would be appreciated.

CeeJay
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: C710 v3.2 Roundabout problem, again Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi all.

Here's a weird one.
On v3.1 I had modified my data.zip file to give me a warning as to which exit to take off a roundabout at 300 metres instead of the default 100 metres. Everything worked fine.
This was brought to my attention whilst setting up a 510 for my sister (UK female voice etc). She did not want v3.2 installed.
Whilst running the 2 units side by side the 510 on v3.1 was giving the exit at 300 metres whereas the 710 has reverted back to only giving the exit warning at 100 metres.
The 300 metre warning has proved useful on occasions, so I would like to get it working again.

CeeJay

Ceejay - If I recall correctly the voice scripts are stored in the UK voice files rather than in data.zip

Check the commands_ft and commands_yd found in v_eng_uk_f1/config to ensure the required changes have been made.

If you load teh file in excel you should be able to see the differences. On mine (modified) the commands are at lines 66-77.
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: C710 v3.2 Roundabout problem, again Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi all.

Here's a weird one.

CeeJay
Since updating from v3.0 to v3.2 I have noticed that although Thomas gives a roundabout exit at 300m, Philippa does not, presumably because she is "unofficial" and was not updated.

Peasemold
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: C710 v3.2 Roundabout problem, again Reply with quote

Peasemold wrote:
CeeJay wrote:
Hi all.

Here's a weird one.

CeeJay
Since updating from v3.0 to v3.2 I have noticed that although Thomas gives a roundabout exit at 300m, Philippa does not, presumably because she is "unofficial" and was not updated.

Peasemold

This would be consistant with my understanding ot the situation.
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

ernest_mio.
You are indeed correct that the voice scripts are stored in the UK voice files.
What I failed to mention in my opening post Embarassed was that I am using the same modified voice file in both the 510 & 710.
It works on the 510 on v3.1 but not the 710 on v3.2.
I have just checked the config file on my 710 and the modifications are present.
Any ideas?

CeeJay.
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
Hi all

ernest_mio.
You are indeed correct that the voice scripts are stored in the UK voice files.
What I failed to mention in my opening post Embarassed was that I am using the same modified voice file in both the 510 & 710.
I have just checked the config file on my 710 and the modifications are present.
Any ideas?

CeeJay.

Bit like the ashes team - stumped. Wink
Liway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay wrote:
..... I am using the same modified voice file in both the 510 & 710.
Any ideas?

CeeJay.

One possibility is that you have mixed up the units before/after installing the voice files in combination with your modifications in the new machine. It's just a coincidence that when you use 'metres' instead of 'feet', it's about 3 times the distance, ie 300 'distance units' become 100. Please check your modifications and voice zip files to ensure compatability with the distance unit you've selected.
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CeeJay - did you get a fix for this - if so what was it - out of interest?
CeeJay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ernest_mio.

Not yet, but I haven't had a chance to play with it just yet.
Should get some time tomorrow and I'll let you know the outcome.

CeeJay.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: