Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Eversham Nav-Cam 6200
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Eversham Nav-Cam 6200
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reefbloke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put an SD card in the 6200 though to expand the mem,that said ive just got rid of mine due to its nav cock ups Sad
PUG_306
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Nav_Cam 6200 Reply with quote

Hi i was just wondering if someone could tell me if you can put different voices on the nav-cam 6200 if so where can i get them from and how do you put these on as ive never had a sat nav before just bought this one from asda, Really hope somebody can help Laughing Thanks.
fd100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: I'm hearing voices? Reply with quote

I'm hearing voices or rather not....

I mailed the makers about this one when I purchased the nav cam for my step son (read previous post) and sad to say that currently you cannot in fact the only sat nav I know that you can download voices onto is the Tom Tom range (although am sure some one will correct me if I am wrong).

Hope this helps.

FD 8)
PUG_306
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm hearing voices? Reply with quote

fd100 wrote:
I'm hearing voices or rather not....

I mailed the makers about this one when I purchased the nav cam for my step son (read previous post) and sad to say that currently you cannot in fact the only sat nav I know that you can download voices onto is the Tom Tom range (although am sure some one will correct me if I am wrong).

Hope this helps.

FD 8)
Thanks for letting me know FD hope somebody finds a way around this problem Sad .
CompufixUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just bought one of these and have discovered some info regarding the voices. Have a look in the "cities" folder on your device, in there you will find a folder marked "English", open it, and then navigate to either male or female. The voice files are all in there. What I did was to open a voice file, i then chose windows media player to play it (not permanently). The player warned me that the file did not have an extension, but it still may be able to play it, which it did.

Now what im going to try is to replace the one of the files with either a wav or mp3 and remove the extension. Then ill see if the gps uses it and accepts it.

Ill post the results here shortly, it could just be a case similar to others where certain phrases are used, such as the tomtom or PB GPS400, which should be easy enough to do
PUG_306
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CompufixUK wrote:
Ive just bought one of these and have discovered some info regarding the voices. Have a look in the "cities" folder on your device, in there you will find a folder marked "English", open it, and then navigate to either male or female. The voice files are all in there. What I did was to open a voice file, i then chose windows media player to play it (not permanently). The player warned me that the file did not have an extension, but it still may be able to play it, which it did.

Now what im going to try is to replace the one of the files with either a wav or mp3 and remove the extension. Then ill see if the gps uses it and accepts it.

Ill post the results here shortly, it could just be a case similar to others where certain phrases are used, such as the tomtom or PB GPS400, which should be easy enough to do
Ok Mate let us know when you find out. :P
dantheman111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading this page

Unit is dedicated, Evesham are selling the navcam 7700 instead, which is same hardware but with aa navigator software Smile
CompufixUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having used the 6200 for a while im now thinking of changing it to the AA nav software. The 7700 is an identical unit so it should work. I wonder how much evesham will charge me for a disk?
theshabbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent m8 for 7700 software.
PUG_306
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can i get the 7700 software thanks.
PUG_306
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshabbs wrote:
Hi do you know where i can get the 7700 software cheers Laughing
Anstice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshabbs wrote:

Any chance of me getting the same service :D Puuurlease
skybosun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got one as a present for son and on testing it seemed to work fine. however, does anyone know if there is a way to delete favourites or other stored points as I cannot seem to find a delete option and the support line is shut for xmas. Do you have to try and go in to the software vica PC to do this. :D
Anstice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know where I can get the 7700 software? Smile
wlambert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know where I can get the 7700 software for the USA? And How to install it on a 6200?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: