Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - simple answers about TTM 5 and updated maps please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

simple answers about TTM 5 and updated maps please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
volvofl10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: simple answers about TTM 5 and updated maps please Reply with quote

"forum" newbie here, Just spent the best part of 2 hours going thru the forums trying to get a definitive answer.

Ive just upgraded to a nokia N70 from a Nokia 6630.
on the 6630 i ran TTM v5.000(419)
with GB mapV562

ive found that this version works on my N70 (on orange), firmware appears to be the latest according to nokias updater app
v5.06.16.2.0.3
24-04-06
RM84

I gather that tomtom nav 6 will NOT work on the N70 , can someone confirm this please

is it possible to get a more upto date map than the one i have that WILL work on TTM 5.06.16.2.0.3 OR am i flogging a dead horse and being forced to buy a new compatable phone and TT nav 6 now ( which im unlikely to do as ive just had a free upgrade and there wasn't the offer of a later symbian phone from orange)
My wife has a tomtom one, but i much prefer the convenience of using a smart phone

for info, my map version doesnt show the "new" section of the A13 thru Dagenham( the old car plant) or the new section of the A1 by Wetherby Race Course ( them horses overtake a car quickly don't they 8O )
KenBruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

volvofl10,

TT6 will not work on a Nokia N70. You would need an N80 or the like for TT6.

You can update your map to the latest release from TT. Build 1223 maps will work so you could get a UK and IE plus the main roads of WE v660 with build 1223. The same maps also work on the majority of TT GOs.

Happy New Year!

KenBruce
volvofl10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenBruce

thank you for the info .
ive been onto tomtom's map page and it does'nt tell you what the map version is that your about to buy .
It does ask for my product code to check if im up to date with my own map , but that was lost sometime over the last 12 months when we moved .( ahvent a dlue where the wifes TT ONE box/code is either thinking about it)
Ive also been onto Orange regarding smartphones, and it seems that im not going to get anything better than the N70 i've just had from them either.

current state of play is looking at route66 as a way forward if TT are not going to offer there product for my symbian version of phone
Thanks for the help
regards
vovlofl10

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: